Holy Cow. I'm new to the 250 set up. Lots of post here!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Welcome Merlin, to Reef Sanctuary and the RSM Club! If you have a RSM tank this is the place to be!

Merlin67

Only about a month now! I added 45 pound of live sand and 55 pounds of fresh fuji live rock and cured it in the tank to prime the skimmer. I did have to get a new #1 pump, cause it wasn't working, but they sent me a new upgrade of the Sicce pump. Seems the t-5 are touchy and the back fan is making noise already.

Merlin67

Only about a month now! I added 45 pound of live sand and 55 pounds of fresh fiji live rock and cured it in the tank to prime the skimmer. I did have to get a new #1 pump, cause it wasn't working, but they sent me a new upgrade of the Sicce pump. Seems the t-5 are touchy and the back fan is making noise already.

Last edited:

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Maybe the T5s are loose and need to be reseated? What are they doing? Try tapping on the center of the back fan while it's running - I had a noisy small cooling fan in the back of my little 130, tapped it and it stayed quiet from then on. If it's only a month old you may get Red Sea to replace it for free. Fans are a wear item, but they should be quiet much longer than a month.

Merlin67

Maybe the T5s are loose and need to be reseated? What are they doing? Try tapping on the center of the back fan while it's running - I had a noisy small cooling fan in the back of my little 130, tapped it and it stayed quiet from then on. If it's only a month old you may get Red Sea to replace it for free. Fans are a wear item, but they should be quiet much longer than a month.

Yeah, the tap kinda worked! I was told the fans are not covered! It's brand new! I already got a new #1 pump at set-up. The lights are fine, but sometimes one goes on and off and have to play with it.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Sounds like a loose connection on a socket maybe? If it keeps up complain about it while it's still under warranty.

Glad to hear the tap on the fan worked - I hope it stays quieter now.

If you're located in the US (?), and not already familiar with Pinky at Red Sea:

Pinky Bulot U.S.A. Office: Red Sea 18125 Ammi Trail Houston, Texas 77060

Tel: (281) 447-0205 Fax: (281) 447-1153

Toll Free: 1-888-RedSea9

pinky@redseafish.com

or

redseainfo@redseafish.com

Pinky has been a great help to a lot of us in the US and Canada and your best bet when you have a problem would be to either call the toll free number or send an email to Pinky at the above email address. A phone call usually gets the best and quickest results.

Merlin67

Sounds like a loose connection on a socket maybe? If it keeps up complain about it while it's still under warranty.

Glad to hear the tap on the fan worked - I hope it stays quieter now.

If you're located in the US (?), and not already familiar with Pinky at Red Sea:

Pinky Bulot U.S.A. Office: Red Sea 18125 Ammi Trail Houston, Texas 77060

Tel: (281) 447-0205 Fax: (281) 447-1153

Toll Free: 1-888-RedSea9

pinky@redseafish.com

or

redseainfo@redseafish.com

Pinky has been a great help to a lot of us in the US and Canada and your best bet when you have a problem would be to either call the toll free number or send an email to Pinky at the above email address. A phone call usually gets the best and quickest results.

Yes! she hooked me up with the #1 pump, she even called me on my cell when she was off work! I let her know about the lights and I fixed the one today. One more time and the call will go in! Thanks!