Red Sea Monster 2000L+ in-Wall System

jpsika08

As an added function to the tank while I'm gone I will be setting up a camera within the fishroom (to check all the equipment and maintenance guy if he ever goes there) and another one for the tank, both of them hopefully with a Tilt and Pan function so it can really be more functional.

This is what I have found so far which price ain't too high, any thoughts?

Amazon.com: Foscam FI8918W Wireless/Wired Pan & Tilt IP Camera with 8 Meter Night Vision and 3.6mm Lens (67° Viewing Angle) - Black NEWEST MODEL (replaces the FI8908W): Electronics

P.S. No, I will not appear with my undies in front of the camera LOL

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
That should give you peace of mind Juan! If you can post a link here we could all keep an eye on it for you. +1 on the no undies too LOL.

jpsika08

LOL, thank you guys, I will update you tomorrow on the site (which is going great) and of course I'll give you access to the camera(s) when they're up :)

vubben

Good idea on the camera. I've been looking at an outdoor version of those to see if I can get the kid who's been tagging my garage! I'm waiting till I find one that can trigger a can of spray paint so that I can return the favor next time he feels the urge to sign my car hole door.

jpsika08

Thank you all for the kind compliments, I will investigate a little more so I can be sure I can place the camera public and everyone will be able to use it :)

mlags62

Juan you have inspired me to do the same one day! Now if you wanna go all out you can put a nice koi pond outside of your room! :eek:verhere:

jpsika08

Anthony, thanks, you will be sending me emergency PM"s when you see the housekeeper on the move LOL

Thanks mlags, I think if I build a Koi Pond outside my room, my wife will be sending me to sleep with the fishes, mafia style LOL :D

vubben

my wife will be sending me to sleep with the fishes

Juan, totally off topic but that phrase always reminds me of an episode of Futurama. Fry starts a relationship with a Mermaid from the Lost City of Atlanta. As they are about to consummate their relationship, Fry finally realizes the problem he faces and runs screaming from the bedroom. Later he laments "Why couldn't I have met one of those Mermaids with the fish parts on the top half"

Looking forward to seeing that camera in action. I didn't know you could get models that pan and tilt. That would be very handy.

kenbut

Juan

Finally worked my way through all 96 pages, awesome thread-great documentation and pics. I too have tank envy and wish you all the best with the new one. Also any tips on how to play the wife, trying to talk her round to a larger tank-not going to well!
ken