Search results

1. soco

Par readings

Ok everyone I just borrowed a par meter front from the lfs. What kind of readings am I looking/aiming for? This is in a 46gallon bowfront. And the light is on an adjustable chain so I can go up and down. What numbers should I be aiming for. Top middle and bottm? Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
  2. soco

LEAR FRAG SWAP TODAY!!!!

if anyone is around cleveland today there is a huge frag swap on the west side. Super excited can't wait lol. I feel like a kid at xmas!!! Don't worry I'll take pics for everyone. Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
  3. soco

Dry rock and seeding.

In my current tank that I set up a month or so ago, was started with all dry rock. I let it cycle and now have started stocking the tank. My question is should I add a little piece of live rock to add some coraline algea and maybe so ther things I won't have from dry rock. I miss being able to...
  4. soco

Rocks in your sump. What's your opinion.

Title says it mostly. I've been looking at my sump today and wondering what everyone else is doin. I have extra rocks in my sump just because I have them. I figure the more live rock the better. What do yall do/think? Should it be open for better flow or do the rocks add extra filtration lime I...
  5. soco

Gonipora food

Ok so I got a pink and yellow goni yesterday cause my wife wanted the pink one lol. I know they need alot of food to survive longterm as they don't have a lot of zooxanthellae. The guy I bought it from said oyster eggs. Anyone wanna chime in on good for for it or do the oyster eggs work fine? I...
  6. soco

HELP! HELP!!!

Ok so just a second ago I noticed that the center brace had snap on the new tank!!!!; is this as serious as I think it is?!?!?! Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
  7. soco

Do test kits go bad?

Title kinda saysnit all. I have been without a tank forma long time but still have all my stuff. Does the liquidnin the test kits have a shelf life?
  8. soco

How much flow?

How much flow do I need in a 40 gal bowfront? I'm gunna have a mixed reef with sps. I have a jebao wp-40 and a few korrillias. I can't remember what size they are. But the wp 40 seems like it it already a lot of flow. Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
  9. soco

First drilled tank

I'm setting up a 46 gallon bowfront and I want it to be drilled. The bottom is tempered so that's out. Where should I get the holes put? My lfs suggested one on each side in the back about 3 in from the top. Is this normal placement for a back drilled tank?
  10. soco

Help with Leds

Im setting up a 46g bow front and am trying to figure out a lighting situation. I have never used leds always mh. Also last time i looked into leds was about 2.5 years ago and wow have things changed! So any advice on whats what would be great. So far the lfs is pushing radions. I get it he...
  11. soco

socos 46 gallon bowfront

Hey everyone! I have been inactive for a long time bc I had a massive tank crash and then moved here recently so I haven't had a setup for a long time. Well I'm finally settled into my new place and cant wait to get back into reefing. I don't have any pics till next week when I get my tanks out...
  12. soco

Blue and gold rabbitfish

Does anyone know anything about thia fish? Its at my lfs and my fiance is really intrigued by it. I googled it and tried live aquaria with no luck. Its in the coral display so i assume its reef safe but i need way more info than lfs is able to provide before ever considering a fish ive never...
  13. soco

Go bengals!

If theres ant Cincinnati fans woop woop! Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
  14. soco

Metal Halide questions

What are the differences between one ended and two ended mh lights? I have a duel 250w mh light with t8 actinics. It is old and has very big and heavy ballasts. the light i currently have has one sided mh bulbs. I am looking into upgrading to a newer nicer unit with either pc actinics 48" 760W...
  15. soco

Hermit crab id

Anyone konw what this is? The lfs said it was a white wine hermit but i cannot find anything on them.
  16. soco

Where is the best place to buy bulb?

I need to replace my t5's and t8's. Where is the best place to do this. The local store around me only carries one brand of bulbs and only white and regular actinic's. I want to replace my regular t5 actinics with superblue and maybe a purple, and idk if they make different spectrums for t8's...
  17. soco

power is off for a long time need help

So im sure most of u know the power is off in ohio. Well i am one of those people. Sadly i got a generator but by the time i got it going it was too late. I have lost3 fish and now the corals are starting to go. I know i need to do water changes but my town is on a water restiction because the...
  18. soco

Blue fiddler crab

A store around me has really cool blue fiddler crab for sale. I have never seen one before and think he is really cool. The lady at the store told me they are not reef safe and by the look of him and his gigantic claw he most likely isn't, but so far the stuff I've found online says he is a...
  19. soco

Powder brown tang tank size

Hey everyone. OK so I have been given some mixed advice on the powder brown tangs. My lfs has a small one that looks in great health. And I had them look it up online for me and he said min tank size was a 75 Gallon. Told him I needed to do a little research at home and I would get back to him...
  20. soco

A sad day in my reef world :-(

I have had a pair of mating carkii clownish for a couple of years now. They were full grown and Idk how old. Today my male died in front of me. I looked over at my tank and he just turned upside down and laid on the sand,............. The female seems to be okay still. I would like to get...