Gonipora food

soco

Ok so I got a pink and yellow goni yesterday cause my wife wanted the pink one lol. I know they need alot of food to survive longterm as they don't have a lot of zooxanthellae. The guy I bought it from said oyster eggs. Anyone wanna chime in on good for for it or do the oyster eggs work fine? I have always feed rotfers and zoo plankton to LPS but these polyp mouths are pretty small.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Dirty water is good for them from what I've read.... Super clean tanks seemingly decrease their life span.

Oyster eggs are good but watch how much you use cause they can really juice up the tank fast. Cyclopeeze (sp?) is good too.

I caveat all the above with the fact that I'm 0/2 on Goni! I had a beautiful one for a bit, incredible color and it slowly pulled in and receded.

Best of luck!

soco

I use cyclopeeze but the plankton is fairly big for the mouths on this goni. That's why I'm looking for other things.

soco

Larry's reef frenzy is a great tank food. Everything for everyone. I always used it and my sps tank grew incredibly
I've heard of it before but never tried it. I'll have to check it out.

StirCrayzy

I have success with my dirty water, but still feed cyclopeze.
They will close on it and slowly swallow it up, just like a nem. The mouth will open farther than it looks to the eyes.