Powder brown tang tank size

soco

Hey everyone. OK so I have been given some mixed advice on the powder brown tangs. My lfs has a small one that looks in great health. And I had them look it up online for me and he said min tank size was a 75 Gallon. Told him I needed to do a little research at home and I would get back to him. I came home to do that and and am getting that it should be a 125 min tank. There is a big size gap there....... I have a 90 gallon tank. So I'm somewhere in between. Any knowledge as to what is an OK tank?

I hope the tang police are around today for this one :)

soco

Ya that's where I got the 125 from I just figured I'd get some opinions.
Can anyone give me some suggestions on tangs that are good in a 90 gallon?

I am thing maybe a kole tang?

tnwillia

I never kept tangs because of the health problems they seem to have new or because of shipping, others will jump in to help. Good luck which ever way you go!

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
I never kept tangs because of the health problems they seem to have new or because of shipping, others will jump in to help. Good luck which ever way you go!

+1^ powder blue n powder browns tend to b fragile. Kole tangs?

........milli's hate me.

soco

Ya the health risks are kinda why I have never put a tang into y tank yet. I am still not set on one. I was just at the store, saw him today and started thinking and thought I would try nd get some feedback. I will def not be getting the brown one that is at the store since my tank isn't big enough

engineer goby

Has been struck by the ban stick
Look into White Cheek Tangs, their very similar to Powder Browns but tend to do better in captive life then the Powder Browns.

rufus2008

I have a powder brown tang in a 108 gallon. He's doing well, have had him for almost a year now. Never had any health issues as of yet (knock on wood lol) The tang I wouldn't recommend is a hippo tang. I had one for a year or so and it looked healthy when I bought it but after about a month just looked real scraggly and was always chased by my other fish. Just my opinion though.

Wingflier

Bristletooth Tomini Tang (Ctenochaetus tominiensis) A 70 gallon or larger aquarium is necessary to provide plenty of swimming room. It is aggressive towards other Tangs, but peaceful with other fish.

phantom2991

+1 on the tomini tang. i have one myself and has always been a wonderful fish since i bought him. had a bout of ich in my tank after moving and he never got it and remained healthy as could be. he is the only tng in my tank and he is never mean to the other fish.