socos 46 gallon bowfront

soco

Hey everyone! I have been inactive for a long time bc I had a massive tank crash and then moved here recently so I haven't had a setup for a long time. Well I'm finally settled into my new place and cant wait to get back into reefing. I don't have any pics till next week when I get my tanks out of storage but id love to start up some conversations and maybe get some design ideas from yall about bowfronts since I have never done one.

Coraljunkie

Looking forward to seeing some progression. I like the island look with smaller tanks personally. Throw some pics of the setup on here, it'll be easier to come up with ideas

soco

Ok so I am going to pick up my tank from storage on Thursday. I want to get this tank drilled and design a sump. I already have a sump built from my 90 gallon that I tore down but idk if I wanna use it. Any design suggestions on drilling a bowfront. Designwise where it should be. should I drill the back for returns? any sortof idea for sump designs for a 40 gall bow?

soco

Ive been outta the game for a while. What Should i be looking for light wise? Are mp40 still the best powerheads? are the jebaos worth it? i bought one a while back and its still in the box lol.
What have i been missing in new stuff

soco

Ok morning everyone! Im gunna get pics up in a few min. I know everyone likes pics :)

Today i am planning sump design and where to drill and how many holes i need.

Also id like to talk lighting. My wife saw the radion lighting storm the other day in the lfs and now shes like idc how much it cost i want the tank to make lighting in our living room lol. As much as i enjoy the feature, spending twice as much for that seems a bit crazy. I wanna know what people are using these days and what my options for control ability are other than those radions.

soco27j

10bb576fbe3363cb44303776b0d94704.jpg
4ff73e4f094c64137a02eca50ef71949.jpg
e47db6397e0f57826ac8424561cdceee.jpg
8f75c4bd012346ff72d05811d83e0a09.jpg
3d549b286a616c9e402ad9d21c8ed551.jpg

Alright our first pics and got some water in it to clean!!! Finally getting started this is really exciting! ![emoji2] [emoji225] [emoji226] [emoji229]

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

soco

Well I ordered a light yesterday. http://reefradiance.com/starfire.html . It was on sale this weekend and seems so almost do everything I need it to. hahah it only covers a 30*30 area even tho my tank is 36. I wont be able to put things on the side as it stands. When I set the 90 back up though ill only need one more and it;ll be fully lit, Since the 90 is only 48 in.

Anyone have experience whit these lights? they are a sponsor here so I figured it was worth a try :)

soco27j

I like having the tank drilled. I wish I had gone a little higher with the holes but too late now. Got salt just now. Still deciding on hard pvc or flexible tubing. Any thoughts?

soco27j

My light should be here by monday. Even tho I won't need it for a long time it's very exciting it's all coming together so quickly.

soco27j

I wish I had all my rocks so I could really get a cycle going but I won't have them till the 1st of the month. Do yall think I should put the sand and water in with a shrimp and one or two rock to get things started? Then when I get all my rocks back I can just add them?

soco27j

It's not the prettiest setup since you will be able to see everything with the sump on the side but it'll be great having a sump the same size as the tank haha. Got most of the plumbing done this afternoon and one more trip to the hardware store and it should be wet! !!!

soco27j

Got all the plumbing done today about to start pvc gluing. [emoji225] [emoji2]