Search results

1. wesam swailem

Yes I'm a REEFAHOLIC T Shirt & Hoodie

Check this Tee to represent the passion :) https://teespring.com/yes-i-m-a-reefaholic
  2. wesam swailem

Sump design idea

ok, hi all from Cairo :bluenod:, i am planing to build a new reef aquarium room from scratch in my terrace. my last 3 years of reefing didn't have a sump tech. i had only a turf scrubber as the tank was only 50 gallons without holes. so i am posting this initial design to have your inputs...
  3. wesam swailem

Aiptisia battle ..Berghia Nudibranchs / Copperband / red-legged or hairy hermit crab

so, i have used viniger/lemon / calcium hydroxide paste and lately most powerful laser burn. the last 2 are what i use regularly with great results. but the real issue is the pests in an unbleached places that requires moving the aquascape which is impossible.. i found a large pest in a hidden...
  4. wesam swailem

Results of "Maroon clown experiment" vid.

ok here is him after 4 dyas in the net , he is down there for 2 days now :jumprope: no problems so far Maroon break in - YouTube
  5. wesam swailem

Maroon clown experiment !!!

so.. no one among the 4 or so having marine aquariums in Cairo doesn't want to have my Maroon as they are afraid on their clown.... so i had to remove him from the Q tank being there for 3 weeks. i thought of this idea to monitor hie behaviour towards the percula couple i have already so i put a...
  6. wesam swailem

Best brine shrimp hatchery ( 0 coast DIY )

ok.........as u can c in the pic this is pure simple but very effective u can put in the sump or in the MDT for 3 days only till finished feeding. it is a 500 ml bottle cut from the bottom and has small hoes all around the body , then a fine ladies sock to cover the pierced area and hold the...
  7. wesam swailem

My tank a year ago for BladeYamaha :)

An Egyptian humble marine tank Aquarium - YouTube
  8. wesam swailem

Red Sea starfish eating red sponge from Singapore!!!

Dears, i have 2 red starfish and recently i got pretty red sponge from Singapore, the 2 stars are attached to it like their mother :yummy: i dont know what r they doing but most likly eatinb but eating the sponge itself or what might be on the sponge as i have another orange sponge from red...
  9. wesam swailem

Maroon clown compatibility

Good day, i got a med. size red maroon in the quarantine now , i want to introuduce him to the MDT in which i hace a 2 yellow ocellaris one med and one small . i am afraif he would fight with them as i bought him b4 proper reading about his attitude... the Q is does adding him to an...
  10. wesam swailem

can i use seachem reef dip to add iodine to the tank?

Good day All, can i use seachem reef dip to add iodine to the main disply tank? or it is just for a dip use?
  11. wesam swailem

Singapore to Egypt Anemone

ok...here we go if u may know by now i am from Egypt and the last year was not easy in terms of importing and stuff. next Thurs. there will be a shippment from Singapore containing anemones and marine fish ( after looooooooong time) i want to buy a small red Anem. to start dealing with him...
  12. wesam swailem

Apitasia killing with LASER :)

Hiiiiiii, i have try the collest and fastest way to kill the damn Apits. i bought a O like waterproof 250 laser pointer arround 50 $ and started frying the hell out of them the clear ones from outside the tank and the tricky ones from inside as it is waterproof ;).. they melt and disapear...
  13. wesam swailem

Red Sea water storage in EGYPT

Hi All, i am from Egypt as you might know :) . after the 25th Jan revolution , salt water importing became very rare so i am stuck with no water change for 3 months !!! luckily i had a turf filter which helps allot in the water quality but 3 months are tooooooooo long so i started to bring...
  14. wesam swailem

Growing a Brain Coral

Hi Reefers, A new question from Egypt :) i have the attached Brain pic and it is so small but doing well. how it grows although it is on a small rock? does he build the calcium structure and expand on it or it must be on a large rock on which it expands? Thanks Wesam Swailem
  15. wesam swailem

What could eat a starfish ???

Good day all, i have a red starfish from the red sea directly , it is a 10 months now in the aquarium but 2 days ago i found that 2 of their legs are chopped . i have 1 sohal 2 clowns 2 cromies yellow belly damsel 2 cleaning shrimps thanks from Egypt
  16. wesam swailem

Does Niger Trigger eat cleaner shrimp ??

Good day reefers, i was told and red in the web that the niger trigger cant be kept with cleaner shrimp, i just bought one and it is in the Q tank but i have 3 cleaner shrimps in the Dis. tank... shall i sell the niger or it is safe to keep it with the shrimps and the snails ????!!! Thanks
  17. wesam swailem

cant reduce nitrate below 20

Hi all, i have a big Q for u ... i have a 55 gallon tank with enough live rock it is 4 months old now and all the parameters are ok except NITRATR it is 20 always ... i have remora skimmer, eheim 2075 filter within it the BAG with purgin , nitrate reactor (seachem dinitrate), 3 power heads...
  18. wesam swailem

Worm Problem?

Re: Flashing During Copper Treatment Dear Lee, i have a yellow feather duster going well for 3 months now but today the yellow crown is loose from the tube and swam away. i can see the worm moving inside the tube. is the crown changeable like the cleaner shrimp does ? how to tell if the...
  19. wesam swailem

Flashing During Copper Treatment

Re: can i use API super ich in the DT containing live rocks Hiii i am using Cupramine now in the quarantine for more than 20 days with the same concentration of copper, the white spots are gone but yesterday my yellow tang started to scratch against the inner filter in her gills area..... so...
  20. wesam swailem

can i use API super ich in the DT containing live rocks

Re: Curing Fish of Marine Ich Lee, can i use API super ich in the DT containing live rocks, feather dusters, star fish, snails, cleaner shrimps and cucumbers. Thnx W Swailem from Cairo Egypt