Singapore to Egypt Anemone

ok...here we go

if u may know by now i am from Egypt and the last year was not easy in terms of importing and stuff. next Thurs. there will be a shippment from Singapore containing anemones and marine fish ( after looooooooong time) i want to buy a small red Anem. to start dealing with him. my reef tank is runing now for 2 years i have VHO light (10000k\Acetinc) i have brains,SPS birdnest picked by myself from the Redsea, coral tree, Long Polyp Leather ...
the corals thanks God are in good health and growing ok with one exception the red SPS is turned by time into Light brown due to the 10000 K i guess but growing fast.

I have always been afraid from the Anemone and its risk as i love my tank and not risk it to minimal risk, so the question here by the above general scene can i finaly introduce a small one !!!!!!!!?????????

BLADEYAMAHA

It will grow(nem), the sps turns brown sometimes from "dirty water-also known as a high nitrate etc. tank" not to say your tank has that but that is one of many explanations I am sure! My sps turned brown too hence my 3 media reactors now. Could have been from the light-not sure, maybe someone will chime in that could give other explanations. A small anemone would be easier to deal with, IMO, but will grow but maybe it will have found a good spot for itself by then, if the lighting is not good enough it will probably roam a lot and never find that perfect spot and might die.:jumprope:

BLADEYAMAHA

Looks like you will have good luck with IMO, it appears to stay on the sand bed-which will be a good thing but your lighting needs to be appropriate. It stays in shallow waters so that makes me think it needs strong lighting. OK, just found something important on it-it has a poor record of making it in captivity. So you might want to stay away or risk having a dead nem and a messy tank which could kill your other life in the tank.

ok i am scared again and wont buy the bloody nem and i ll go for a Frogspawn as collecting my tank over the last 2 years was very difficult.. thanks Yamaha ;)

BLADEYAMAHA

Yeah-Sorry Wesam, I looked at more than one website and the poor record of captive keeping of it made me worry for you and I wanted to let you know what I found, I'd hate for you to risk your whole tank over a nem.