Sump design idea

DaveK

Could you upload a much larger image? That one is too small to see anything about what your trying to do.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
SUMPDRAFT_zpsc845a8cc.png

Choff

How big is the sump going to be? The design is good, but I like to be able to have variable flow through my chaeto chamber.

My design uses 4 chambers. There is a right and left chamber and then the middle chamber is split in half lengthwise.

Left chamber water flows in from DT and has my reactor + skimmer. This water dumps to te front middle section.

Back middle section also recover water from DT, but is controlled by a gate valve. This is my chaeto section and it over flows into the front middle section.

Front middle section is just a catch all for the 2 above sections + chiller and uv returns. This section then dumps to the right section.

Right section us simply the return section.

There are other ways to do the split feed that are a bit more simple. Left side is inflow from tank and has skimmer and reactors which dumps to middle return section. Chaeto section on the right and it also has its own inflow from the DT and dumps to the middle return section.

Check my thread to see picts of my design. I'm in the middle of my build right now. Just waiting on one last baffle

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Sorry i was in vacation in Hurghada Red Sea :jumprope: marvelous weather and amazing palaces to dive and snorkel

it will be 50 gallons..
and why shall i have a have variable flow through my chaeto chamber!