Maroon clown experiment !!!

so.. no one among the 4 or so having marine aquariums in Cairo doesn't want to have my Maroon as they are afraid on their clown.... so i had to remove him from the Q tank being there for 3 weeks. i thought of this idea to monitor hie behaviour towards the percula couple i have already so i put a percula pic in his net container :time: in the same time i ll see his rections towards my perculas serrounding him eating and swimming :dryer:

what do u think?

IMG_2125.jpg

:banghead: You are in for a headache my friend :). How many and how big are your Perculas? How big is your tank? How many other fish are in your tank?

:bluenod: lol 1 percula is the same size as the Maroon and the other is small. it is 55 reef g. tank. i have 3 anthias , 1yellow belly damsell , 1 purple tang and 1 dotty back

Judging by the photo, I'm guessing about 3 inches? I REALLY hate to say it, but I don't think this is going to work in a tank this size and with what is most likely already a female percula in the tank. You are off to the right start though, as far as pairing aggressive clowns go. Be sure there are hiding places everywhere when you try your first introduction. Add PVC fittings and short pipe pieces if necessary because somebody, most likely perculas, will need a place to hide. I wish you luck! :)

tnwillia

+1^ everything I read, clowns don't play well when you start mixing types and multiple females. Good luck with them!

ScottB

haha, this made me chuckle... My Maroon and two perculas have been coexisting for close to three months now... maroon was in first, two weeks after, added two percs (about half the size of the maroon) they haven't faught yet... (fingers crossed)... and three months later, everyone's behaving thus far. Coexistence is POSSIBLE, but from what im hearing, not probable... haha only time will tell...

nevertheless, i like ur out of the box thinking

lcstorc

I would be very very afraid. My maroon will attack anything including me. Seriously antisocial IME

StirCrayzy

+1 maroons are not very friendly.
I found them to be very irritable fish in general at best.
Of course all personalities are unique, but the ODDS do not support coexistence.

I do like that experiment, with or without the pic no difference, but i definately WANT a Net Tank.

StirCrayzy

haha, this made me chuckle... My Maroon and two perculas have been coexisting for close to three months now... maroon was in first, two weeks after, added two percs (about half the size of the maroon) they haven't faught yet... (fingers crossed)... and three months later, everyone's behaving thus far. Coexistence is POSSIBLE, but from what im hearing, not probable... haha only time will tell...

nevertheless, i like ur out of the box thinking

Scott what size tank. Thats a lot of clowns.
May be sexually confusing for them.

tommyboynj

Good Luck. I have one Maroon and will not chance it with any other clowns. Long term i think in the enclosed tank environment there will eventually be a dispute and Maroons are tough guys. Saying that I have to disagree with the often evil rep these guys are given. I think all to often this is due to them going into tanks with non-compatible species, and lack of places for everyone in the tank to have a little "time-out". Mine is in a 75 with 2 chromis, a hoevens wrasse, a lyre tail anthias and a lawnmower blenny. He's fine with these guys and has never shown any aggression. I have plenty of places for people to hide. Now, if my coral banded shrimp goes near his cave watch out.... lol!

ScottB

josh,
its a 65G tank... The thing is, this maroon isn't a full blown maroon. He's a cross breed of an Ocellaris and a Maroon... he's only about 2" and the percs are almost 1.5".
Other inhabitants are striped damsel, yellowtail damsel, diamond goby, and yellow tang.

All of these are fish are pretty small. The tang's the biggest (about 2.5" long).
It's a very peaceful environment, no one fights, they all have their own little areas/nooks & crannies. Harmony thus far.

I have an additional 20G tank prepared in case fighting becomes an issue, in which case the Maroon will be relocated

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Oh I've got a tomato n a perc in the same tank 220 n they do what all good fish occasionally do. Chase. However 90% of the time theyre well behaved. Been together maybe a year or yr n a half. Bought small.

I'm Matt n I hate heaters.

thanks all .. i ll give him 2 more days and see.. hope he doesn't get wacko or i ll drop him in the Red sea where he will find him one of a kind in the whole sea :sinking: