Search results

1. anewguy

lookey what i just found

I was just doing my nightly flashlight inspection, and found this little guy out in the open trying to steal a cerith. I knew I had one of these but the one I last saw was half this guys size. So that means I'm back to one- maybe. I'm also on the lookout for what I'm pretty shure was a pistol...
  2. anewguy

cleaning corlaline from the corners

anybody have a good way to clean coraline out from the curved corners? pads and scrapers just don't get in that curve. i even tried a spoon the other night, and that turned pointless pretty quick. any thoughts?
  3. anewguy

gareefermans reef

First let me say that you have a beautiful tank. I must admit I'm a bit envious of your success with sps where i seem to be struggling to get good color and growth. I have some questions for you, maybe I can figure out what I'm doing wrong. do you feed and what and when? what is your...
  4. anewguy

i have a curious 250 lighting question

Thank you Reggie for adding. I have some questions for you about your tank, but I think it best to add to your thread. Once I've got my list together, I'll see you there. Thanks again
  5. anewguy

Thanks for the link. I've been reading Reggie's thread for a bit-up to page 62 now. His tank is actually the one that has me thinking about mine. It is incredible. I'll keep reading and maybe I'll come up with something.
  6. anewguy

I'm just wondering if anybody has checked the par on the rsm 250? More specifically, wondering if that single reflector is really good enough to grow sps. I've had some sps for about a year now,all params are stable, i have 5 fish that are well fed, i use vodka for low nutrients, i feed...
  7. anewguy

"tree line" effect to corraline?

I figure it took about a half hour to do the water change. doesn't seem like a long time, but then i didn't know what was going on in the first place so I'm not one to take any guesses.:yup:
  8. anewguy

well, there you go. imaccat you're a genius! thanks all for the help
  9. anewguy

thanks all for the replies. that water change idea sounds very suspect to me. that is very close to where the water level gets to when i change it. ill be doing a waterchange later this afternoon and ill let everyone know what happens then. soily, there is a video on youtube (sorry cant...
  10. anewguy

Fedup with OEM Skimmer

it does seem to be very finicky. its Very dependant on water level and you'll need a bioload before it will do much of anything. it seems once you have the water thing figured out and have something to "feed "it they work ok, not perfect, but ok. ive also been thinking about getting the uroreef...
  11. anewguy

some time ago i posted this question and was told this was normal, but ive looked at a whole lot of tanks before and since, and it seems corraline always grows evenly across the back of tanks. mine stops and there is no growth all the way across the back in nearly a straight line. it is growing...
  12. anewguy

'Curly-Q' Anemone lost its head, now what?

yup its a curley-cue nem' same species as a aiptasia just not as invasive. aparantly it was pretty happy with you to try to start reproducing on you. they will ocassionally drop the head in the hopes of finding another good spot for another whole nem. i have a friend who had one big one (and i...
  13. anewguy

question on refractometer

i picked mine up from bulk reef supply. it came with its own calibration fluid that calibrates to 1.026 or 35ppt at 77 degrees f or 25c . i know you can pick it up by itself for 7 bucks. i've read that some makers are suggesting to use ro/distilled, some this stuff. if possible its best to...
  14. anewguy

More Suprises - ID Please

+1 pineapple sponges harmless filter feeders
  15. anewguy

250 hood fan replacement?

One of the four hood fans has been making alot noise lately. So after messing with it I've discovered that the bearing in it is going bad. Question is- is there a way to replace the fan without having to remove and taking the entire hood apart? I'm not as young as i used to be and my back isn't...
  16. anewguy

Reef safe paint

I've used fusion for plastic (fully cured by 24 hours) to paint a couple of the wetside of magfloats. I painted them flat black so they would be less visible. It's been a year now and no problem I can tell. Ceriths, turbos, and now coraline don't seem to mind at all. Mike
  17. anewguy

Worm ID in my RSM 250 Please

+1 but, i would be more concerned about what looks like aiptasia in pic 3. Mike
  18. anewguy

a new coraline question and oddity?

Thanks fruit bat. I figued what ever it was doing wasn't detrimental to it, seems to still be growing and all, just never seen it do that before and got curious. And whoops, i actually have 3 aquaspecials. Mike
  19. anewguy

is this bryopsis? and should i control?

I thought heavy nutrient export and high doses of kents tech-m magnessium were viable options also? Please correct me if i'm wrong.:hammerhea
  20. anewguy

GSP is no longer green???

As i understand it, they are fiter feeders. Mine have gotton lighter and more of a brown color the cleaner and stable my tank has gotton. I also have a small patch of zenia that hasn't done much of anthing in 6 months and a 2 head toadstool that are alive but seem to not be growing at all as well.