Search results

1. S

Zooanthid tank

I am really debating about starting a small zooanthid tank. I am thinking a small 20L tank, a thin layer of sand for substrate, and live rock, some homemade so I can get some towers. No sump, no overflow, no skimmer, OK maybe a skimmer(my BETA stage one) Since I have never had a zoo in my...
  2. S

I COMMAND Thee: Split!

Well tonight I finally pulled the last straw. I came home and the rose was affectionately embracing my entire purple monster. I almost lost this frag and was down to only 4 polyps and now it is grown out to 2 inches. Anyhow the tips of a couple branches are white with death. A week or...
  3. S

Just wanted to say thanks!

Hey guys, just finished up end of year books for the stoney reef. It was a very successful year!!!! Made a TINY profit which is not bad for a business in the second year. Having great people like you ordering from me is what makes the Merry Christmas Reef Sanctuary stuff possible. I love to...
  4. S

BTA's can sting Clams

My prize ultra ultra ultra clam!!!!! Tonight after cleaning up the puke and so forth from my sick lil one, I come out to look at the tank; low and behold the clam is having a fit, randomly violently closing, So I figure I would sit there and watch for a while. Well when the sea swirl comes...
  5. S

Another Stoney Reef!

I have a lot of pictures here, a lot of before and after shots, so be patient! Amazing what 10 months can do!
  6. S

Friday Night Fights!

And you thought you were a contender! Tonight we have our reigning champion: Rose BTA in a Royal Rumble!!!!! Rose vs Green Montipora Digitata: Rose Rose vs Candy Cane: Rose Rose vs Cauliflower SPS: Draw Rose vs Purple Monster: Purple Monster Rose vs Brown Monti Cap...
  7. S

Need your input!

I am thinking of adding on to The Stoney Reef. A friend of mine does carpenter work on the side, and I was thinking of offering a STANDARDIZED bow front MH full hood. There are absolutely no hoods on the market tall enough for MH for bow fronts. Would people buy these, they would be a bit...
  8. S

Bread Proofer aka Reef Tank

Well, mixed up some sweet dough today to make some cinnamon rolls and so forth. They say to put the dough in a warm place to raise. So I set the pan on top of my canopy!!!!!! Amazing all that nice warm moist air!
  9. S

Merry Christmas Reef Sanctuary!

Well in the holiday spirit: I want to say Merry Christmas! Of course giving is better than receiving. Thus, this is what I am going to give. I will give one Free Stoney Reef Kalkwasser Reactor to someone who posts in this thread. Absolutely Free of Charge! No commercial stuff here...
  10. S

Sticker Shock

Today I got kicked out of my LFS. I guess they were not happy when I asked them why they were robbing their customers! Turbofloter Multi $399 4X65W PC 48" strip light $270 Rio 3100 $125 And the clincher! When I exclaimed "Holy Begeezus!" Dual 150W Metal halide with dual...
  11. S

pH probe for Octopus 2 controller

There has to be an off brand pH probe that will work for an octopus controller. Do anyone know? $100 for a probe that will only last around $18 months is way too much to swallow!
  12. S

Merry Christmas Zack

How many of you know Zack? He hangs out in chat each night. He is around 15. Anyhow, without going into great detail about what has led to this, we would like to give him a reef tank for christmas. Zack has permission for a 10 gallon tank. So far the reefers in chat have donated...
  13. S

A Stoney Reef

This is my current obsession, a nice little 46 gallon bow front with dual 400W radiums, calcium, and kalk reactors and all the bells and whistles including an aquacontroller, anyhow, here are some pics the tank is 5 months old.
  14. S

Need NUCLEAR WASTE!

I need something as strong as nuclear waste to remove the soap scum in my bathtub. I have tried it all, CLR, clean shower, etc etc, Nothing will remove it!!!!! It is kinda gross have a 1/4" thick ring of black crud you can literally scrape! Anyhow, Give me some ideas. It is a cream...
  15. S

I.m.a.c.

International Marine Aquarium Conference They are holding it again in Chicago, and it looks like they are going to make it an annual event in Chicago. I went last year, and it was awesome. Being my first conference, I was tad quiet. I will be at "Dirks" booth with him and I am not sure...
  16. S

Commercial Posts

I know we were talking a lot about commercial posts in the Calcium reactor thread, and I did not want to throw it off any further. So I decided to start this thread. with that: Travis's last post really hit home, and here I am quoting it: What really hit home was the part about us being...