A Stoney Reef

StoneyReef

No Longer a Member
This is my current obsession, a nice little 46 gallon bow front with dual 400W radiums, calcium, and kalk reactors and all the bells and whistles including an aquacontroller, anyhow, here are some pics the tank is 5 months old.

StoneyReef

No Longer a Member
yes, that is ONE single rose anemone! about 18" wide!

The beast is going to put me in the poor house just feeding it! Keep pets and small children away from it. And now for the most amazing Clam I have ever seen. The price tag went with it as well!

ReefLady

Staff member
Wow, the colors in that clam are fantastic.

Beautiful rose - wow, that thing is *huge*. That clown has a *purtier* bedroom than I do! ;-)

wooddood

the wood dude
thanks patrick your reef looks sweet,love that clam.and you have a stupid clown,or maybe hes smarter then we are.as big as that rose is he could be lunch.lol. thanks for sharing, dave.

StoneyReef

No Longer a Member
Thanks guys, I wish you could see all the frags in it. I have been trying to get the anemone to split, so it is not so huge. It easily eats two whole 30ct shrimp per day. Out of all the tanks I have and friends tanks, I took a small frag of only the best colored corals for this tank. So I have the best of about 10 different tanks in here. The pink with blue tip millepora is awesome. It is finally starting to branch. I am going to put a pic of a friends tank up tomorrow after I take it. It will be a 3 month and a 1 year pic! Amazing what a year can do!

wooddood

the wood dude
thanks patrick lookin forward to seeing the growth pics.oh by the way do they have one of your combo reactors on their reef?lol,just checkin.

StoneyReef

No Longer a Member
LOL! ummm, they are all running kalk reactors!!!! I have not been able to talk them into adding calcium reactors yet. The heaviest stocked one runs a custom kalk reactor and tops off about 1.5 gallons per day on a 58 gallon oceanic reef ready. In addition to all the kalk, he has to add 1 or 2 cap fulls of kent calcium per day to keep up with the demand!

sharks

Contributing Member
WOW awesome looking system Patrick! :cool:
Best of luck with the whole splitting thing. :D
Hopefully it wont swallow the whole tank before a split :explode:
S

sharks

Contributing Member
BTW What is the purple bit in front of the rose?
A Cerianthus anemone?
Just wondering :confused:
S

sharks

Contributing Member
Cool :cool:
Just watch your fish don't go missing ;)
Here is one we had that got a few fish :closed:

3675cerianthus_anemone.jpg

Last edited:

StoneyReef

No Longer a Member
Yeah, It was an impulse buy, but now it has a home, and eats like a pig also. I am just afraid of them battling!

sharks

Contributing Member
IMO worry more about the sleepy fish :eek:
The anemones will move away from each other if bothered.
S

sharks

Contributing Member
No they don't move much but they have a wicked sting. Stunning hapless fish and eating them whole
Any fish is pray IMO you would be surprised how big a fish they can eat :eek:
S