I.m.a.c.

StoneyReef

No Longer a Member
International Marine Aquarium Conference

They are holding it again in Chicago, and it looks like they are going to make it an annual event in Chicago.

I went last year, and it was awesome. Being my first conference, I was tad quiet. I will be at "Dirks" booth with him and I am not sure about the Algae Free LLC. guys yet.

Anyhow, preparations are already starting at Dirks and so forth for this. It is the first weekend in June. Their site is http://www.theimac.org

There was some great conversations and it really makes you feel like your a part of something bigger than just a fish tank in the living room. I just wanted to throw out a personal invite to everyone to swing buy and chat about tanks and all the fun stuff!

We are going to try and make the Shedd Aquarium tour this year! So come on guys, stop by and pry me out of my shell!

wooddood

the wood dude
thanks patrick,i think i'm gonna go this year i'm sure the wife would love too also.i'm really gettin her into reefing.im going to set her up her own tank, that should really get her hooked.lol.thanks dave.

StoneyReef

No Longer a Member
Getting the wife addicted can only be a godsend or a curse!!!!! depends on who finds their sanity first when stuck ina myriad of tanks all filled with beautiful corals and fish!

Maxx

Wood, Size does matter.....that should help her w/ your, uh, her priorities!
Nick

ReefLady

Staff member
Getting the wife addicted can only be a godsend or a curse!!!!! depends on who finds their sanity first when stuck ina myriad of tanks all filled with beautiful corals and fish!

*cough cough* - I, um, resemble that remark. LOL

nigle

Oi!

I was there last year too, and I really enjoyed it.

Even without J. Sprung it sounds like a good line up of speakers, I'm also planning to go.

Cheers!
nigle
!~!

ReefLady

Staff member
That is a tasty lineup of speakers. If mojo is going, it'll be worth the price of admission when he raises his hand after Dr. Ron asks for questions. LOL :)

mojoreef

Just a reefer
LOL Travis it would be the first time my friend. I think I am going to pass on Imac this year and go all out on macna in Boston. I here thier a few reefers that want to show me a good time:p

Mike

StoneyReef

No Longer a Member
Julian Sprung personalized and autographed a copy of his book for one of my "High End" clients for me. They were brand new to the hobby, and it took a lot of my time and patients to get them to the level where they could take care of their tank without 4 phone calls per day. Anyhow, they loved the personalized book! BTW, Dirk gives Julian writer's cramp, as during the coffee breaks and so forth, he sits there and signs his books for Dirk. :rolleyes:

Now that is dedication! I am still trying to line up MACNA! If Dirk will fly, I will go, but there is no way in H I am driving to Boston from MN for one weekend!

Maxx

Originally posted by mojoreef
LOL Travis it would be the first time my friend. I think I am going to pass on Imac this year and go all out on macna in Boston. I here thier a few reefers that want to show me a good time:p

Mike
Be careful in Beantown...the Irish like ta kill ya w/ the amount of liquor they can talk into you......and I'm a bartending professional w/ a pretty good tolerance and a well developed ability to say no to strange shots.....
Still, all in all, I had a good time...what I remember...sigh
Nick