Search results

1. jcoopergd

Getting rid of livestock :-(

Finances are now telling us to let the tank go byby. If anyone in the Long Beach, CA area is looking for rock, coral or fish, let me know soon. We will be keeping all the equiptment for a future tank, but livestock - byby. 3'' Sailfin Tang 3'' Powder Blue Tang 1.5'' Bicolor...
  2. jcoopergd

HydroPonic T5 Setup

First off, Hello everyone - Been a loong time, but i'm back! We are looking at upgrading from our PC 192W setup. We don't need more power, but half of our dual ballast has died (for the second time). We decided we don't like PC's any more, and are looking at either a T5 or MH setup...
  3. jcoopergd

OF: the "Other reef site down???"

Is it just me or is the "other" reef site down??? I cant seem to load it... i guess it goes to show you that sheer #'s can be a bad thing... glad good ole' RS is still in business! j
  4. jcoopergd

Silly Urchins, Frags are for humans!

Title says it all- Put a new zoo frag in the tank today, left the house for 30 min, came back, and Prick our urchin found the frag, and decided it looks better on him!
  5. jcoopergd

Metal Screw in Fishtank...>Problem?

Hello all, question, i was installing some new moonilights, and one of the screws fell into the tank, and landed right in my Pistol Shrimps lair.....I tried to get it out, but i cant go near the shrimp without him "Pistoling" me, I can't even see the shrimp as its lodged into the rock...
  6. jcoopergd

new tank pic

here's a pic of my new tank - with some new inhabitants.. Brad the Anthia, and Frankie the bicolor psuedocromis - Angelina the Anthia is coming in today...:-)
  7. jcoopergd

We've got a LEAK!

So, i noticed some water on the outside back of my tank yesterday, which prompted the previous post of upgrading tank sizes....today, the water is much more pronounced, and still coming out - Looking across the back of the tank, it looks like the back glass is bowed - something im sure could...
  8. jcoopergd

Thinking about upgrading..

To a larger tank - But a question - Im running a remora pro w/mag5 on my current 40gal - If I got a 100ish gal, and use my 40 as a sump, what would you suggest as a skimmer - a new skimmer for in sump? or using an insump and the remora? still looking at options - the tank im...
  9. jcoopergd

PC Ballast

So i have a sunpaq retrofit kit for lighting - 2x96w. They run off of one ballast, but the ballast is a dual (2 power cords, 2 power switches etC)....well, one of my bulbs died, and so i did some trouble shooting, and figured that half of my ballast is dead. Where is a good place to get PC...
  10. jcoopergd

Power Outage in Los angeles

I was just south of the affected area, but my work was right in the heart - needless to say, i raced home to see if the fishes were ok - they were....note to self, get self starting air pump for fish tank... over 2 million people affected some for up to 5 hours... dam power companies! j
  11. jcoopergd

Mushroom propagation question-

Question - I have a rock full of green ricordias - when we got it, there was a tiny blue striped mushroom growing on the back - well, it grew well, to about 1 1/2inches, but now, it is receeding, i am guessing because the ricordias are hogging all the light.....i want to cut and move the...
  12. jcoopergd

Zoos not opening?

Howdy everyone - quick question - my zoos havent been opening up lately - dont know why - all the parameters are in check (ammonia = 0, nitrites = 0, trates >10) salinity and ph havent changed since the tank started - they were getting shaded and crowded by a overgrowing xenia, which i...
  13. jcoopergd

Frags for Cheap/trade - Local - Los Angeles

Hi all, Ive done some pruning in my tank, and i have a couple extra frags - willing to sell cheap, or trade, or whatever - i dont want to ship though - i have - 2 frags of silver tipped pulsing xenia - pics of the original colony in my gallery - one is a 2+ stalk, and one is 3/4 stalk...
  14. jcoopergd

Alaska!

Well, ive offically been counting down the days till my vacation! I leave monday AM, and will be spending 10 beauitful days in Alaska! We will be taking the Alaska Railroad Gold Star car to Denali National Park, to stay 2 nights at the entrance to the Park. (Home of Mt. McKinley) - then...
  15. jcoopergd

Gettin rid of some fish -

Well, the GF has finally accepted the fact that we are way overstocked, and need to lower our fish count. Partly due to the daily cynao removal, for the past two months. Here's my question - What fish should we part with? And anyone local want to buy those fish for a great price? (our...
  16. jcoopergd

American Idol?

Just Curious - Who do you think will win?
  17. jcoopergd

Remora Pro/Mag 3 Mod

Here's some pics of a little quick fix/mod i made to my remora pro - I notices that the placement of the mag 3 was directly under the outflow of the remora, and thus I could only think that the skimmer was skimming "Just Skimmed Water".....I had two choices, 1. Another re-aqauscape with would...
  18. jcoopergd

Coupla New pics from my friends Rebel

I believe these are eagle eyes, with smoe deep purples thrown in for good measure... and my green ricordia rock - if you look closly, you may see 3 or 4 babies.. j
  19. jcoopergd

Coral Lifespan?

The girlfriend and I were discussing pets the other day (we have many....), and were talking about the option of getting a bird, ie macaw or parrot. She brought up a good point, that at some point, if we got one, it would have to be inherited by our children, as the birds can live to be 75+...
  20. jcoopergd

My Frogspawn ate my ricordia!

I came home last night to see one of my frogspawn tentecals firmly attached to one of my ricordias! Needless to say, i was upset! I carefully seperated the two, but my ricordia just kept shrinking....I moved the two further apart, but i think the ricordia is gone - couldnt even see it this...