My Frogspawn ate my ricordia!

jcoopergd

I came home last night to see one of my frogspawn tentecals firmly attached to one of my ricordias!

Needless to say, i was upset! I carefully seperated the two, but my ricordia just kept shrinking....I moved the two further apart, but i think the ricordia is gone - couldnt even see it this AM....(but the lights were off, so ill see tonight)...

im so sad...i got the ricordia for $5 when it was tiny, and it was 1 1/2 inchs across...and pretty...:-(

The frogspawn was in the one place in the tank where it thrived, and the ricordia is/was attache firmly in its spot...:-(

oh well....hopefully we'll pull through this, otherwise, sniff...sniff..

j

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I think the ricordia will be ok. I have a ricordia that keeps trying to encroach on a hammer's territory. The hammer has to sting it every so often to keep it at bay... the ricordia shrinks only briefly then is fine again. JME

64Ivy

I once had a Frogspawn colony actually fall over onto a ricordia. Completely obliterated it but then, it had all night to do it.

jcoopergd

Sorry - im back! the ric is doing much better now....it was a one day pissed opff mushroom, but its back alive....

and the frogspawn is donig fine too - but growing to fast and trying to get another free meal..

:)

j