Gettin rid of some fish -

jcoopergd

Well, the GF has finally accepted the fact that we are way overstocked, and need to lower our fish count. Partly due to the daily cynao removal, for the past two months.

Here's my question -

What fish should we part with? And anyone local want to buy those fish for a great price? (our LFS will give us 1/2 credit, and im not happy with them right now).

Here's what i have, and no flames please - the GF stocks the fish, dispite my warnings -

2 Black Clowns (1' each)
2 firefish gobies (1.25' each)
1 Purple Firefish (2')
1 Blue Hippo Tang (1')
1 Juvinele Sailfin Tang (1')
1 Diamond Goby (2')
1 Pink Stripped Goby (1.5')
1 Mandrain Goby (1.5')

Mind you - i do have lots of LR, so the easier they are to catch, the better....my first thought was the firefish, but they are quick.

let me know...

j

Newt

How big is your tank? I would say get rid of the Sailfin unless your tank is at least 100+ gallons. Otherwise I would agree, with getting rid of the firefish.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
The firefish are so pretty!! :( I vote to remove the tangs...they'll just get huge and are poopie machines.

jcoopergd

well, i think some of my fish read this forum, cause i had 2 attempted suicides today -1 firefish, and my purple firefish both jumped - i dont quite know why, as they have been doing just fine for 6 + months. The purple firefish was saved....but spike, the firefish was not so lucky..

i did a water change this AM< and i filled the tank up a little higher than i normaly do, but other than that i have no idea why they jumped...

all the parametersd checkd ok 2 hours after the WC......what else causes a jumpy goby?

j

corvettephreek

the only thing that bugged mine were either 1) too hot or 2)grumpy and hungry.... sorry to hear about that, I hope all others do well.... :)

Witfull

firefish are renowed carpet surfers, they spook easily and a dart~~ i had some and would find them in the overflow, or in the sump cause they took to the air.

jcoopergd

Well, one firefish is gone - and so far, no other fish have been parted with - after vacation we will part with the tangs - ive known all along they are not good for our tank size (no flames, it's the GF!!) after that, we'll see how things look.

craig: im ashamed to admit it, but only a 40 gal - i know Tang Police - but lets see those tang police go head to head with my Girlfriend!

j