Power Outage in Los angeles

jcoopergd

I was just south of the affected area, but my work was right in the heart - needless to say, i raced home to see if the fishes were ok - they were....note to self, get self starting air pump for fish tank...

over 2 million people affected some for up to 5 hours...

dam power companies!

j

jcoopergd

yah! it sucks to live in CA!!!

hehe, wait, its 76 degrees outside....hmm....the ocean is 5 blocks away....hmm, nevermind..:)

surfing anyone?

j

Witfull

it was 90* today and humid,,,but the earth was steady and i took a deep breath and choked,,,,on pollen,,,,lol

Mitchell

It even affected us up here in the great white north. Our reefing BB was down. The company we use to host it is in LA. :hallo:

gussy

Why don't you get a UPS? Costco has a 1000VA TrippLite with a digital read out for $99. With only a pump connected that should last you a while.

KimPossible

Why don't you get a UPS? Costco has a 1000VA TrippLite with a digital read out for $99. With only a pump connected that should last you a while.
ditto....got one for all the computers at work... and one for my tank :)

alice_curiouser

Mitchell said:
It even affected us up here in the great white north. Our reefing BB was down. The company we use to host it is in LA. :hallo:

Reef Visions was down too, as well as my personal website and image hosting, because our host is in Brea, which is about 30 miles out of LA. :doh:

Warnberg

We lost power the other night in just our neighborhood... it was out for 6 long hours, but it was a great time to get out the generator, fire it up, test it out (new generator purchased with tank) and figure out what else we needed for a hurricane.... never hurts to do a test like this someday just so that you are prepaired.

Warnberg

Thanks Wit, I figured I have, ummm, lets see, about umm, a LOT of money invested in my tank so I want to make sure that it stays alive....

jcoopergd

Speaking of generators, make sure you break it out every month or so so the gasoline doesnt congele in the carborator....let it run for a few min, then put it back away..

j - the ups will be here soon..via ups...heheheh

j

Witfull

also get a bottle of gas stabilizer, stuff is great. one thing to remember,,,,you might not be able to get gas when "whatever" happens. a stabilizer keeps gas effective for much longer when it just sits around.