Alaska!

jcoopergd

Well, ive offically been counting down the days till my vacation! I leave monday AM, and will be spending 10 beauitful days in Alaska!

We will be taking the Alaska Railroad Gold Star car to Denali National Park, to stay 2 nights at the entrance to the Park. (Home of Mt. McKinley) - then we'll spend the rest of our time in and around Anchorage.

We've booked a fjord boat tour, to go see some whales, and wildlife, and were pondering a helicopter tour that will take us to a glacier, where we will be able to go snow mobiling...:)

its been 1 year and 3 months since my last vacation, and in the Restaurant management business, you NEED a vacation at least once a year..

:)

so excited! anyone else been? have any suggestions?

j

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I have a very good suggestion.... take ME!! :D

Wow.. i hope the time slows to a trickle while you're on vacation. It sure does sound like a ton of fun~~ Take your camera!!!! :)

Cougra

I hope that you have a wonderful time and have great whether!! I'm jelous about the boat tour, that sounds really awesome.

I hear you about needing a good vacation every year. It doesn't matter what industry you are in, it's neccessary to take a break! I just got back from my dream vacation about a week ago and feel so much more relaxed and ready to face the world again.

Gina

RS STAFF
Witfull said:
:smoking: id rather be on a tropical beach sun and swimming...

have a great time~~~

AGREED!!!!

But, I still hope you have a great time. My boyfriend used to work at Prudo Bay so he suggested that you make sure you have plenty of mosquito repellent. Post your pics when you return!

Watch out for the all the different bears!! LOL!!

mane3215

AWESOME! I leave for Alaska August 14th. We are taking a cruise from british columbia. We have some whale watching scheduled as well as a fly out to the wilderness to do some stream trout fishing! Man, I cant wait!

Please post pics and your esperience when you get back! I look forward to hearing it! Have fun and relax!

jcoopergd

Offical Alaska Thread :)

So we bought 2 jugs of bug lotion and 2 tubs of bug wipes....so hopefully were good there - as far as a tropical beach setting - we did tahiti 2 years ago, and the italian coast last year...:) its time to head north!

:)

j

jcoopergd

IM BACK!!

Wow! what a trip!!

Defineatly the best "In America" trip i have taken....

A brief synopsis - ill post a trip report later with pictures -

We took a float plane and landed at the base of a 12 mile long glacier - we took a helicopter and landed on the top of the very same glacier, and played in the snow!

we whitewater rafted down class 3 and 4 rapids with 33 degree water (fish would hate it!)

we ATV'd around rural anchorage!

and we fell in love with the city! in fact, so much so that we are looking into real estate...:)

yah!

j

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Welcome back Cooper!! Wow... that sounds like a great vacation. I can hardly wait to see the pics~

Gina

RS STAFF
Welcome back! I'm glad your trip was a good one. So good, your looking into possibly moving there or just looking into buying some land? Looking forward to the pics!!

BoomerD

The only thing I can say about this is:

needpics.gif

Glad you had a good time.

MINIATUS

Im on holidays next week and the only thing Im doing is sitting by our pool and chillin with a few cold ones.

Life is good

MINIATUS

:hallo: :hallo:

Attachments

• Picture 019 (Small).jpg
    Picture 019 (Small).jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 15

jcoopergd

Here come the pics!

Here they are!

train2.JPG

train.JPG

Glaicer.JPG

heli.JPG

(Thats me and the gf!)

glacier2.JPG

exitglacier.JPG

There you go!!

Gina: Were looking into actually moving! it would be tough on the fish (dont think they wuold move with us)....

j
j

Woodstock

RS STAFF
LOL MIN! good idea :)

WOW... GREAT photos Cooper!! That last one with the people at the foot of the glacier is awesome! VERY cool! karma to ya~~