Remora Pro/Mag 3 Mod

jcoopergd

Here's some pics of a little quick fix/mod i made to my remora pro - I notices that the placement of the mag 3 was directly under the outflow of the remora, and thus I could only think that the skimmer was skimming "Just Skimmed Water".....I had two choices, 1. Another re-aqauscape with would be a headache, or fix the intake on the pump.

So, i took the top of a water bottle (that i use to feed the suncorals), and it fit right on the end of the intake of the pump. It intakes from the side now, rather than right below the outflow.

I dunno if it works, but im gonna give it a few weeks to see if there is a difference in skimmate.

J

skimmer1.jpg

skimmer2.jpg

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
My remora 7 pump's intake is directly under the outlet also and it skims very well.

When you put your Remora in a sump (I know you don't have one yet), you will notice a large increase in skimmate due to the fact that the overflow into the sump will "skim" the tank's water surface! Proteins and dissolved organics are atracted to oxygen. The teeth on the overflow allow the dirtiest surface water over and down into the sump where your Remora will be waiting :)

jcoopergd

Yah, my skimmer was skimming good - but, i think it could probably skim better....so i thought id give it a try..

j

jcoopergd

update - pulling out much darker skimmate.......was a tea colored before, but now its dark dark dark brown...

j

chrscaley

I know this is a really old thread but I just had to say this. Why in the world put cup on it nd make your tank gnarly looking when you can just take the housing off the impeller and turn it then just turn the pump around where it faces the other way?????