The Woodstock Picasso Clown Club!!

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
ok i guess no one has any updates.. im in the middle of a tank move so dont have any new updates quite yet. But i do have a question.

In my 90 gallon tank.. i want to do a carpet anemone but i keep hearing so many bad stories.. i know Doni has one so Im just looking for what people think about it.. should i do it in the future? also what kind of carpet is the best? Thanks

Derek

The clowns will be quite happy in the 24 gallon with RBTA's. I have one of my breeding pairs in a 60 cube filled with RBTA's and they spawn regularly. PLUS, the RBTA's will split and produce more :)

S. haddoni carpets will eat fish but I've never had one eat a clownfish before. This anemone has a tendency to walk-about a lot just for fun but is more hardy than the S. gigantea. They also require a deep sand bed and low-medium water flow.

S. gigantea are much more sensitive to water quality, lighting and lack of food. They can eat fish but not as readily as the haddoni. I've never known one to eat a clownfish. These can move but usually do not. They like to anchor just above the sand bed on a large rock. The water flow is a bit more tricky to get right for this anemone but can be done.

Good luck!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
+1 on pics - love seeing clown pics of these beautiful fish
050.gif

Straightjiggy10 - gorgeous clowns !

lcstorc

Unfortunately all of my news is bad news.
We bought a new fish and added it to the tank without QT (Which I know better but...) Well, perhaps I have learned my lesson this time since it wiped out the entire tank. The only thing left if the RBTA and the pistol shrimp. I am letting that tank go fallow and setting up the new 12g as a QT. We keep saying no more fish so I don't have the QT set-up but then we cave in and get one more so from now on it will stay up and cycled.
:( My babies were doing so well. They had very different personalities and were tons of fun to watch. As soon as I am properly prepared I will get another pair.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
We bought a new fish and added it to the tank without QT (Which I know better but...) Well, perhaps I have learned my lesson this time since it wiped out the entire tank. The only thing left if the RBTA and the pistol shrimp. I am letting that tank go fallow and setting up the new 12g as a QT. We keep saying no more fish so I don't have the QT set-up but then we cave in and get one more so from now on it will stay up and cycled.
:( My babies were doing so well. They had very different personalities and were tons of fun to watch. As soon as I am properly prepared I will get another pair.

So sorry to hear that Lynn :(
I am driving down next week... want me to bring you two surprises?? Call it early Christmas! :D

lcstorc

Thank you for the offer but I need to get the current fish out of QT before I can put another in.
Yours I would actually trust but their tank still needs to be fallow to be sure the ich is gone.
I know it is only a 20g but within 2 days everybody was gone. There was no chance to even try treatment.
I would love to see you for a visit while you are here.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Thank you for the offer but I need to get the current fish out of QT before I can put another in.
Yours I would actually trust but their tank still needs to be fallow to be sure the ich is gone.
I know it is only a 20g but within 2 days everybody was gone. There was no chance to even try treatment.
I would love to see you for a visit while you are here.

Good plan. Let it go longer than 8 weeks if possible... 10 works well.
I'll bring some next time :)

Midnight

That stinks Lynn :( let me know if you need any help. I have a spare 55 gallon if you need a larger QT tank.

DxSOR25

Doni.. thanks for everything.. in the future i hope to try a carpet.. when i have a lil more experience i guess.. btw where is a good place to purchase a carpet.. i never see them really at my LFS.. are their any good websites?

Lynn.. so sorry to hear the bad news.. i lost a lot of fish over the summer all lived were donis clowns.. the strongest fish ive seen lol.. good luck with everything in the future

So made loving grade C, who I have had now for 2+ years is finally getting cozy with something...the duncan in the front of my tank...not a full time relationship, but a multiple-times-a-day affair lol. I've contemplated getting him (by now prob a her) a mate...but would want it to be another Grade B Picasso like my RIP fish I got from Doni as well...hmmmm

Frankie

RS STAFF
I agree on the photos needed!
I cannot wait to be a part of this club. A pair of Doni's clowns will be the only fish in my new frag tank system when i am done building it.
I figure the way things are going I should be ready for a road trip to her by mid February. Very exciting!

SeaSiren

Ooooo tomorrow is the big day!!!! I can't wait my Picasso's are on their way home to me!!! We are going to get snow here in the Northeast tomorrow I don't know when it is supposed to start as long as its after the fish are delivered!! Then it can snow all day if it wants I will be happy enjoying my first fish from Doni!!!!!

surferfish18

i am looking for picasso's.if you dont mind me asking,how much is the average cost of them? i can get clownfish all day for 6 bucks but picasso's are a little different.lol

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Hey Pam - Congrats on the new Picasso's :woohoo: will these go in your new RSM 250 or another one of your tanks? Be sure to post us some pics !