The Woodstock Picasso Clown Club!!

forddna

Really? After like 3 years together? The first one I got is bigger than the second one, but still only maybe half the size of the adults I have seen.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
If you feed them well, they will grow. :)

I have in QT a pair of clownfish that I acquired from someone that had them for over 3 years. I was very surprised to see their small size. They are very small for that age at only 2 1/4" and 2". They should be MUCH larger and thicker by now. I contribute their small size to lack of food/proper diet. They are not even close to spawning/maturity.

I sell a lot of juveniles to local fish stores and individuals. I can say from experience that the ones that are not fed well, do not grow. They are fed just enough to sustain them but not enough to support growth. Usually, the LFS feed very sparingly and are more concerned with water quality and having to do less maintenance than growing out the fish to proper size.

MarvinsReef

If you feed them well, they will grow. :)

I have in QT a pair of clownfish that I acquired from someone that had them for over 3 years. I was very surprised to see their small size. They are very small for that age at only 2 1/4" and 2". They should be MUCH larger and thicker by now. I contribute their small size to lack of food/proper diet. They are not even close to spawning/maturity.

I sell a lot of juveniles to local fish stores and individuals. I can say from experience that the ones that are not fed well, do not grow. They are fed just enough to sustain them but not enough to support growth. Usually, the LFS feed very sparingly and are more concerned with water quality and having to do less maintenance than growing out the fish to proper size.
that makes perfect sense. thanks for the tidbit. :)

Ill break the ice with my Doni's Reef Picasso Pair I have had them just over 5 months, they are in their own 29G JBJ NANO CUBE with an Aqua Illuminations LED Fixture and 2 Anemone's (Blue Base/Yellow-Greenish tips Haddoni Carpet and an Rainbow BTA) I got rid of the H. Magnifica it was moving too much and split twice!

Excuse color its kind of off due to AI Fixture!

PICASSO2.jpg

PICASSO.jpg

PICASS03.jpg

More updates soon!

Absolutely gorgeous!

kathywithbirds

Wow. Doni has populated the world with white clownfish :)

Do you know how much those suckers are going for on the market? I just saw a pair of snows at an LFS for $240 EACH. Seriously.

Being one of the few with a "trackable" Grade C from Doni, I feel like every once in a while I should post :). This dude Sebastian is a monster lol.
60e097cf.jpg

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Wow. Doni has populated the world with white clownfish :)

Do you know how much those suckers are going for on the market? I just saw a pair of snows at an LFS for $240 EACH. Seriously.

Hey Kathy! :hallo:

I don't recall selling any Snowcassos to stores in Maryland. I hope they were not selling them as Snowcassos (trademarked). If so, please shoot me a PM so I can notify them of the infringement. :)

UPDATE:
My Doni's Female has moved on to a new owner and is doing great...
My Male is now paired with a Wild Caught Picasso Percula, They have been paired for

Heres an older picture for refrence:
a-top.jpg

a-right.jpg

AND HERE HE IS NOW ALMOST TWO YEARS LATER...

doni3.jpg

doni2.jpg

AND HERE THEY ARE AS A COUPLE:

doni4.jpg

ENJOY!

Blue Space

@Straightjiggy10 - Your fish beautiful! ...Or should I say Doni's fish are beautiful? Either way, I can't wait for my onyx perc to get a little bigger before I order one from her. How long did you say yours had been paired? Are they a mated pair?