The Woodstock Picasso Clown Club!!

DxSOR25

yes i love the spot under the eye its awesome.. and now that it is showing up on the normal stripes is just sweeeeeettt.. ive noticed on some of your new clowns the helmets are growing and the sideburns are thickening and almost circling the eyes in some.. its just too cool seeing all the different patterns of these fish.
i will post up pics of my grade b and grade c pair either tonight or tomorrow.. man i love clownfish lol

i cant wait till my tank gets more established and i can add in an RBTA!!.. for now maybe they will host my hammer lol

DxSOR25

WOOOOWWWWWW... whoever purchased the set #2 snowcasso that is on donis website right now is a lucky lucky luckyyyy person.. please whoever you are keep us updated with pic of that fish! WOW

DxSOR25

heres what i wanted to show off.. I think this is really cool.. the first picture is the first day i received my 4 clowns.. all in QT.. then this next picture is today..

If you look at the top left most fist that is my grade c picasso.. the white is not attached...
firstday.jpg

now the white has clearly spread and attached.. this is like this on both sides.. simply amazing and beautiful..
IMG_3282.jpg

IMG_3228.jpg

One question though.. when clowns sleep and lights are off, is it normal to lose some color and go a lil pale.. the lights just turned on in this picture and u can see shes a lil pale but an shortly after her brilliant orange is restored.. is this normal?

Heres a video of my grade B and grade C..

DxSOR25

oh yeah.. might as well post the lil vid of my snowcassos..

idk if im annoying people with all my posts or if they like it.. i mean everyone loves pictures right? lol

SOOOO.. everyone else needs to start posting some pics.. i wanna see some more!

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Thanks for posting the pics/videos! Beautiful!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Yes, it is normal for them to change colors and night and 'put pajamas on' ;)

DxSOR25

Ok good!! Made me a lil nervous lol.. They like to sleep on the sand bed in the corners of the tank!! Funny that even fish need to get comfy to sleep haha

Monkie

Hello Doni!-
Bought a pair of clowns from you couple weeks ago, they are now doing great! First, one didnt want to eat, but your right once they start to eat, they are pigs!!!! one is hosting an anem and doesn't want to share, the other one always tries to sneak in but get chased out, so funny to watch, but they do sleep close together, or some what of it. i need to post some picture soon, they're AWESOME!!!!!
again Thanks!

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
These guys are all so darn cute, if I didn't already have a pair of boring everyday clowns I'd order myself a pair of these beauties.

DxSOR25

i think its time to part way with your boring pair and go all out with donis!!! hahahah jk!! or get a new tank like i did!

DxSOR25

i believe i got them early may in 2010.. they were in a QT for most of their lives cause i tore down my 72 bowfront i guess in august i believe.. and i also have a 10 gallon set up.. The bigger clown with a lot of black lived in that tank and grew but bullied the small snowcasso. So color spreading and growth of the fish were slowed due to the QT i guess.. idk im just assuming.. because as soon as i put them together in my nanocube as their forever home lol.. they started growing quick and getting dark.. if you look on page 56 and the third picture down you can see the clown is just orange and white with barely any black.. its been 2 and a half weeks since that picture and its already gotten black on the tail that grew back from the bigger one nipping and tons of black growth inbetween the white.

To basically sum that up in one sentence.. ever since i added these clowns to a better home they have no stress and have grown like crazy.. you may think im lying but my male clown has grown ATLEAST a half inch in the past 2 and a half weeks..

BY FAR THE BEST CLOWNS I HAVE EVER BOUGHT so jjmoneyman.. its worth it to upgrade if your able to find a new home for your plain janes or even set up a new tank.. they are the sole reason i am in this hobby!

Rhodes19

All I can say is WOW!!!

I was up in Raleigh this weekend for a seminar and Doni let me come over for a visit and it was absolutely amazing. She showed me her fish room, how she has it set up, and how she does things, and I was blown away. Her set up is impressive and her husbandry and knowledge is incredible. I got to watch her collect some eggs and move them into their own tank while I was there and she showed me how she makes the food to feed the fry, and she walked me through the process of breeding and raising marine fish. Her picassos, snowcassos, and neon gobys are beautiful and very well fed :). It was amazing to see so many baby fish swimming around. I should have brought a camera with me.

Doni, thanks again for having me over and showing me around. I really appreciate the time you gave me and all the information you shared with me. I had a great time. :) Thanks.

Chris

Last edited:

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Glad to see you made it home safely Chris!
I enjoyed meeting you and hope I didn't bore you with the details :D
Drop by anytime!

All I can say is WOW!!!

I was up in Raleigh this weekend for a seminar and Doni let me come over for a visit and it was absolutely amazing. She showed me her fish room, how she has it set up, and how she does things, and I was blown away. Her set up is impressive and her husbandry and knowledge is incredible. I got to watch her collect some eggs and move them into their own tank while I was there and she showed me how she makes the food to feed the fry, and she walked me through the process of breeding and raising marine fish. Her picassos are beautiful and very well fed :). It was amazing to see so many baby fish swimming around. I should have brought a camera with me.

Doni, thanks again for having me over and showing me around. I really appreciate the time you gave me and all the information you shared with me. I had a great time. :) Thanks.

Chris

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Absolutely!
Stop by AFTER your seminar so we can discuss what you learned :D I've recenlty been diagnosed with thyroid disorder and have begun taking a supplement :(