The Woodstock Picasso Clown Club!!

kathywithbirds

he he. Mine have settled in and are checking out the tank, at least the frontage for now. They have a routine even: sleeping in separate mushrooms, then a lazy morning of checking out some rockage, then the smaller "male"?? plays in the flow while the larger "female" (yeah, I'm assigning sexes already, even at this early date she seems to have gained on him in size) keeps house in the shrooms.

Mid morning feedings: flakes, yum!! Early evening feedings: mix of frozen/fresh variety, yum!! They're not slackers in the feeding dept.

Later evening: playing together in the higher flow. Lights off, they settle down in the shroomies. They're still debating whether they will sleep in one shroomie yet.

goldenmean

Me neither! Me, Jeff and Olivert00 are all getting ours together to save on shipping.

For about 8-10 hours on Tuesday I will have 6 picasso babies in my QT.
I stopped at the container store tonight to buy some plastic baskets that I can use to keep Debbie's and Blake's clowns separated from mine per Doni's suggestion. Tuesday Eve Debbie will come by and pick up their babies and then we will re-bag them for the hour+ ride up to their new homes.

olivert00

Lookout Daily Plaza...more Picasso coming to Chicago

Is it Tuesday yet? I am soooooo excited!

I would like to Thank Doni...
I would like to Thank Jeff...
I would like to Thank Reef Sanctuary...

Oh I am so sorry, I thought I was at the Academy Awards.
I told you I was excited, but a true Thank You to all involved.

kathywithbirds

lol. These are seriously some wiggly fish. They have a lot of personality!! The tomato and maroon, in comparison, are slow moving clunkers. At least mine, anyway.

lcstorc

Boy they are little wiggle worms.
This thread really needs more pics (Kathy)
It will be a lot of fun to watch the babies grow up.
Smart thing to share shipping like that.

BarbMazz

Well, I just SAW this, and I'm a member! My babies are just PURRFECT. I have two nems and the babies take turns... sometimes together in one, then they fight and one switches, then they're together again.... etc. It's a constant circus of wiggling motion. They wiggle UP they wiggle DOWN they wiggle sideways and all around. Then, all of sudden they just LAY DOWN completely still on their sides in the anemones. Exhausted for a second, or just ready for a fluffy snuggle.

I'm also feeding them twice per day; mysid shrimp in the morning, soaked in selcon, garlic, zoe, then Arcti-pods in the early evening.

Last night I did a little experiment; when I fed the big tank I put some bigger pieces in the clown's tank to see what they'd do and they each took a bigger piece of silversides to their respective nems!

Here are pictures from the first couple of days.... I'll be taking more today since my good camera just came home from out-of-town!

tickle.jpg

twoin2.jpg

twoin3.jpg

goldenmean

Barb I was wondering when you were going to post.
Now where are the photogs taken with your good camera.:dance:

BarbMazz

I am just having a devil of a time getting decent pictures of this tank, but don't worry I will keep plugging away at it until I figure it out!

I think my Gladiator Guy is turning into an 'A' Grade! Look at this <lousy> picture and tell me what you think!

Oct10082_039.jpg

and this one

Oct10082_038.jpg

And here are a couple of other <lousy> shots
Oct10082_002.jpg

Oct10082_004.jpg

Oct10082_005.jpg

lcstorc

Grade A, Grade B? Does it really matter? It does look like it though Barb.
They are both gorgeous and look like they have settled in nicely. You'll have to keep updating us as the grow up.