The Woodstock Picasso Clown Club!!

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Ohhhh how I enjoy this thread!!!!
They all look fantastic! Great job folks! It's great that they're in really good homes :dance: :dance:

bluespotjawfish

It's embarrassing to take pictures of my messy fuge, but they are too cute not to take pics anyway. I added more CUC to it because of the additional load of feeding these babies and that seems to be working well. The glass is so dirty/scratched that the camera will only focus on it, which makes it even harder.

Here are a few videos of the 2 piglets.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Nice videos Lorraine. Both look great and if the male's white continues to spread, you may very well end up with a snowcasso.

bluespotjawfish

Thanks!

I'm trying to decide what to do with these kids. I have a female black onyx perc in the display, along with a pair aust. black percs. All three hang out in one end of the tank. I bought the black percs thinking that one of them would pair with the onyx, but they didn't like her telling them to stay away, so they went off and paired up with each other. She later came over to their end of the tank, tried to host in their frogspawn, and so they moved out into the hammer. She now hosts in the frogspawn by herself.

So, would you...

1) Put the smallest of the three in the display first, then later introduce the other two?

2) Just let them sort out who is a pair between the three of them and then add them all at once to the display later?

3) Put them all in the display now and let them sort it all out in there?

I don't think I can catch the onyx to put her in the fuge. All three kids are eating well and growing like weeds. Colors are getting very bright too!

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Humm... I would speculate that the two Aussie black percs will not like the three new juveniles but the single onyx will enjoy them....but that is just a guess.

I remember your tank to be very large. I would add all three to the display where the single onyx stays. Be prepared to remove them if necessary. Some squabbling is okay but they might bond immediately. I do not believe that the three juvies you got from me have had time to morph into a female (which is probably what your onyx is) so the four should get along.

bluespotjawfish

Ok, I just added them to the display. OMG!

The onyx grabbed one by the tail the second I put it in! I made her stop that! It seems to be ok.

They are still being harrassed by the onyx and wrasses, but seem to be tolerating the chasing. They are now at 3 different locations in the tank. I think my soon-to-be snowcasso is the smartest, she got as far away as she could right away, the other two seem to like being chased.

Hope everyone settles down soon. :fishy2:

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Yikes. That doesn't sound good. Do you have a large net? If so, use it to slowly corral the three babies to a safe place in the tank and then just prop the net so they can use it for refuge.
The other fish will be scared of the net and should keep their distance.

bluespotjawfish

Good idea about the net. I'll use one if I need to. I used my hand for a while to keep them safe. They seem to be settling in now. One is on top of the MJ pump (there was one in the fuge they liked), another has found my fuzzy mushrooms, and the third is in the opposite corner of the tank by the anthias. The onyx is now pursuing the one in the mushrooms, but only approaches it and then backs away. The blk percs are approaching the one on top of the pump and seem satisfied that it stays there. There hasn't been any more biting, thank goodness.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Nice video Bamack!

Lorraine,
The babies will become 'attached' to the device/coral/area that they spend the first few days with/in. They are safer & less stressed together so I would corral them all together in one spot then leave the net there for several days. Hopefully, they will stay with the net or at least close to it. They will be easier to target feed also.

bluespotjawfish

I have a large net in there now but they aren't staying in it. They are back to where they started. I scooted the one in the middle of the tank back into the net area several times, but he keeps going back to where he was (right in front of my Bluespot).

bluespotjawfish

The two female percs keep taking turns approaching the one in the middle of the tank and the one on the pump. They have decided they can be nice to the new babies. They are even hanging out with the one in the middle for a few minutes at a time. I feel much better!

bluespotjawfish

All my babies made it through the night. One even hooked up with my orange crush acan!

It took me a while to find the other two, but they are on the other side of the tank.

:java: :girlthumb: :java:

bluespotjawfish

In case you missed this video I posted in my tank thread...their first morning in the display...

They are settling in nicely. All of them are eating again. I'm feeding them very small food so that everyone else doesn't gobble it down first. That seems to be working well. The two Grade A's are together on the left side of the tank. They play in, on, and around the Vortech so I had to put the protector on it. The other one is being woo'd and then chased away by both the females (the onyx and black percs). He sleeps in the acan and spends the day in front of my female Bluespot's den. The onyx is hanging out closer to him more frequently but his is still weighin all his options (including my female Bluespot who protects him from all things evil). It's a hoot!