So What's The Deal With These LEDs?

mikev15101

LEDs are a long way from replacing CFs and regular florescent bulbs in home and professional use. a long, long long way. also, there are no current replacements for super high wattage MH lighting, like what is used in large arenas, stadiums, buildings with 40ft+ ceilings, and outdoor areas.

I'm pretty sure a saw a link for the LEDS that are used at a major aquarium. It showed how the LEDs replaced the MH, not only did they replace the MH the light penetration difference was incredible. This was from atleast 25,30 feet above. Ill have to search around for it.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

chipmunkofdoom2

That's a great light Al. A new 29g is in the mix for my living room.. decisions decisions... :D

Still lots of great LED discussion going on, keep it up.

One thing I can say is that LEDs are like any product, supply will always effect demand and price, but oil prices are nothing like supply and demand price relationships. In a way supply and demand effects the price, but oil is one of the strangest commodities traded today. Pricing is more speculation than anything else.

Over time, as with any technology, you'll be able to buy more for less.

steved13

PREMIUM

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Here's a neat lil LED unit and it's MADE in the USA (and North Carolina)

NanoBox 12 LED reef light is a cute little package from NanoBox Reef

I quoted that a few weeks back and I thought I'd bring it back up and include some links to it "In Action"

Cloud Simulation

and I love this one

Storm Simulation

I am seriously looking into trying a unit out from this guy. I'd love to go LED and keep it all under the hood AND be able to control it easily.

Talk about "Stealthy + SEXY!"

Oh yeah baby . . .

:thumber:

chipmunkofdoom2

I'll have to check out the vids when I get home.. stupid work blocking Youtube, what do they want, their employees to work?! :)

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Looks pretty cool Al! Does it have a controller or can you use a Profilux, Neptune, RKE, etc. ?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Looks pretty cool Al! Does it have a controller or can you use a Profilux, Neptune, RKE, etc. ?

It has it's own controller. I'm wanting to get one and do a "Review" of it here at RS! Terry I'm getting this from RASOC so you can check it out in detail from it's "Inception" over there. I hope to be making a trip to your neck of the woods sometime in July. If I can come up with the $$ I want to go get this unit retro-fit into my RSM hood.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
It sounds like a winner Al! If you can get one I'll be looking forward to the review. I'll have to check it out on RASOC - I haven't kept up much in that local forum.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I'll have to check out the vids when I get home.. stupid work blocking Youtube, what do they want, their employees to work?! :)
Let me know what you think buddy.

It sounds like a winner Al! If you can get one I'll be looking forward to the review. I'll have to check it out on RASOC - I haven't kept up much in that local forum.

shame on you Terry :) j/k

I'm hoping to get with him and work something out in July or August. I want to take this tank to the O-M-G level :)