RS Upgrade Bug Reporting

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
..... In general settings there used to be an option to automatically subscribe to any thread you post in or not. Although by default it is enabled ( the way I like it ) others may want the option to turn it off....

There is still the option to turn off the default auto-subscribe.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
hmmm I did just notice one thing, in my, in Firefox browser, the top left Toolbar function is labeled "Today's Posts"... in IE it's labeled "New Posts"

redsea reefer

Mine says new posts...

* Private Messages
* FAQ
* Calendar
* Community
o Groups
o My Albums
o Friends & Contacts
o Member List
* Forum Actions
o Mark Forums Read
o General Settings
o Edit Profile
* Quick Links
o Subscribed Threads
o Open Contacts Popup
o View Forum Leaders
o Who's Online

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Eddie - under General Settings...

this is what I have on... same for you?

.Number of Posts to Show Per Page: Use Forum Default
Show 5 Posts Per Page Show 10 Posts Per Page Show 20 Posts Per Page Show 30 Posts Per Page Show 40 Posts Per Page
Use this option to set the number of posts to show in a thread before splitting the display into multiple pages.
Default Thread Age Cut Off: Use Forum Default
Show threads from last day Show threads from last 2 days Show threads from last week Show threads from last 10 days Show threads from last 2 weeks Show threads from last month Show threads from last 45 days Show threads from last 2 months Show threads from last 75 days Show threads from last 100 days Show threads from last year Show all threads
You may specify a time period from which to display threads. Threads older than the age you specify will not be shown.

ReefLady

Staff member
Hi Travis,

When I used to log in before, I would use the NEW POSTS tab to look at new posts. Well since the upgrade, it doesn't show all the new posts anymore. For example, Today I logged in and I had 266 new posts and when I clicked the NEW POSTS tab, it only showed me 78 posts - 4 pages. Before it would show me all of the posts I missed and then say, "These threads below have not been updated since your last visit" and continue on with those posts...

OK thanks for the patience guys... I did some investigating and here's what I think is going on. You guys are getting different results for this because the links to "new posts" are different at the top of the header and below your avatar on the left side of the home page. Since the URLs are different there's a discrepancy in which posts get pulled depending on where you click. I need to investigate the discrepancies further to find out which link should be used in both places. Adding it to the list.

redsea reefer

Hi Travis,

Thanks for looking into it. I believe I got the same result when I clicked on either one. Top of header and below my avatar. This morning I clicked on the one in the header. Tomorrow morning, I'll click on the one below my avatar and report back here...

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I get the same 25 pages of 500 new posts whether I use the link under my avatar (home page) or any of the other methods.

redsea reefer

Hi Travis, This is what I'm talking about about. See how it says 202 new posts. Then I click on it and go to the 4th page, it stops at P.4 65 posts and no arrow.

new.jpg

result.jpg

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Travis - question... on the home page under my Avatar is a link "New post" and at the top of the page in the bar... on the forum page is a link "New post" when I right click on them... they use different code... could this be related to Eddie problem?

here two 2 different ones used... by the two New Post

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/...e=vBForum_Post

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/....php?do=getnew

also... if I copy either of this to a firefox browser... I don't see the > but don't know if I am on to something or not... thought I would share with you though...

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Eddie - Hopefully Travis can figure it out... I still think it's related to the two buttons being coded to do two different things... if you right click on them & select properties, you will see one (at the top in the bar line) is

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew&contenttype=vBForum_Post

and the other is...

The one under my Avatar & I think.... everyone's (not just yours) Avatar is "incorrect" or does not = show you all new post...

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew