RS Upgrade Bug Reporting

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I get the same thing on my own name Frankie. What happens if you click on yourself and choose view blog entries?

EDIT - I just saw the reply from Travis ^

jpsika08

The Navigation Tree (pic below) used to be at the beginning and end of each page, now it's only at the beginning, will it be at the end again? thanks and great work! :)

Navigation Tree sample pic:
TempPrntScrn.jpg

jpsika08

The Navigation Tree (pic below) used to be at the beginning and end of each page, now it's only at the beginning, will it be at the end again? thanks and great work! :)

TempPrntScrn.jpg

ReefLady

Staff member

TempPrntScrn.jpg

Yup, that's on the list. ;)

ReefLady

Staff member
Travis - on search here one example - this is a post I made on 9-9-2009 taking some sound level reading on how noisy smimmer were with an expensive Extech sound level meter - every time I wanted to find this post I would search for the keyword "Extech"

below is the thread... but unless it me, I can't get a hit when searching... took me like 30 mins to find this thread going through all my older post I started

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/50523-rsm-db-level-readings.html

when I search for Extech - I get - Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms. .

Good news! I used this thread as a barometer for the search results, rebuild the search database and tried a search just now for "Extech" - Voila! It finally came up in the results.

Unless others see missing search results somewhere, I'll close this issue with a big poop-eating grin. :)

ReefLady

Staff member
Fixed the BG in user profile pages being too light to read the text in the tabs/sidebar.

It ain't perfect but you can read it. :)

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Hey - I just noticed something nice - when a mod changes a thread title now, it changes the title header on all of the previous posts as well - not just the first post and new posts. :)

EDIT - it doesn't work the same with a thread created from posts moved from another thread, but that's no biggie as that doesn't happen often.

tnwillia

Hey Travis......... Just a question, On the new RSM home page above navigation there is a "home" & "RSM" . On the old page pressing the RSM would Refresh the page moving all new posts to the top of the list. That is not happening now. Is there somewhere else to do this now or are you just not that far along yet? Sorry if this is a repost, I didn't see it anywhere. Thanks for your hard work on this!

ReefLady

Staff member
Hmmm... I see what you're asking, no idea how to approach that yet. For now, the "refresh" button on your browser should do the same.

redsea reefer

Hi Travis,

When I used to log in before, I would use the NEW POSTS tab to look at new posts. Well since the upgrade, it doesn't show all the new posts anymore. For example, Today I logged in and I had 266 new posts and when I clicked the NEW POSTS tab, it only showed me 78 posts - 4 pages. Before it would show me all of the posts I missed and then say, "These threads below have not been updated since your last visit" and continue on with those posts...

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Travis - unlike redsea reefer, when I go to "new posts" I get 25 pages of them and about 250 "new" posts going back to mid December. I'm not sure why Eddie's stops at 4 pages, and not the 25 I get. It seems like other members get the same result that I do.

redsea reefer

Glenn - I don't have that arrow. If I click on it before Im on P.4 it will only take me to P.4 and arrow disappears. I'll check again tomorrow.

PEMfish

Well is what I would really like is to log in some day, and not be able to find a single difference between now and pre-update.

But here are some reasonable suggestions;

-Add back all the old tabs on th main menu bar ( currently only Home, Forum, Whats new ) ( Such as User CP, Chat, etc... )

-In general settings there used to be an option to automatically subscribe to any thread you post in or not. Although by default it is enabled ( the way I like it ) others may want the option to turn it off.

-The ads are gone. A marked improvement to the site overall but the business end of things still need to get taken care of. ( :( )

Most things have already been fixed ( :) ) but RS is still not RS to me. It just dosent look and fell right. Im sure your working on the skins ( or rather have that on the list ) but I think we could give you more feed back( if you can handle it! ) if you post a few screen shots of the site pre-update.