RS Upgrade Bug Reporting

ReefLady

Staff member
Please post any bugs/issues/feature requests here. Please be patient and know that I'm reading everything, even if I don't immediately respond.

Thanks!

Known issues:

-Special character recognition/broken photo links
-Photo Gallery messed up (Upgrade software)
-Reviews/LFS database messed up (Upgrade software)
-Formatting in Nav menus on left column and sponsor pages (CSS?)
-"back to forum" template mod from showthread
-Reefmack permissions issue viewing blog pages
-"New post" discrepancy top vs welcome module

Last edited by a moderator:

Dweezil

I'm not sure about anyone else but it seems like I have to scroll alot more than I used to.
Seems like it used to be more of a "fixed width" and now not so much?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
From the other thread - some may be fixed already:

1) It looks like the % (percent sign) wasn't recognized correctly - showing up as &#37 (seeing the same thing with with people that had used the English pound sign for their currency "£" )

2) In posts with multiple pictures (Photobucket in the instances found), the first picture wasn't showing. QuentinB may have found the reason: "I think I found it. In the first link, the percent sign is changed to html code after "JBJ". In the second link, it's still "%". I haven't moved or deleted a thing. I had gone back to the first couple pages, and like you said, with multiple pics in a post it did it, and also when someone quoted it. Edit: I just replaced the "%" in the first picture link code with "%", and it worked."

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
The scrolling issue appears to be fixed on a screen with just thread listings, but not when opening a thread with picture posts - the text still requires scrolling to the right. With no pictures it's OK. The pictures I've looked at don't appear to be oversized and look like they and the text should fit on a normal page width.

ReefLady

Staff member
The scrolling issue appears to be fixed on a screen with just thread listings, but not when opening a thread with picture posts - the text still requires scrolling to the right. With no pictures it's OK. The pictures I've looked at don't appear to be oversized and look like they and the text should fit on a normal page width.

Can you link me to an example thread please?

edit: never mind!

This has been addressed by removing the left column from the view thread and view post pages. That's the way it worked pre-upgrade, I just forgot. :)

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I see you fixed it already - thank you!!!

Not a bug, and not a problem as such, but we used to be able to return from a thread page, back to the forum listings that the thread is posted in, from a link at the bottom. Now I have to scroll up to the top of the thread page to get back to that forum's thread listing again. I hope that makes sense?

David Shaw

Your all working hard and doing a good job. A big changeover like this can't be easy.

Terry - don't go hitting the recipe with site bug frustration. You could be the new Steve Jobs of RS :)

ReefLady

Staff member
I see you fixed it already - thank you!!!

Not a bug, and not a problem as such, but we used to be able to return from a thread page, back to the forum listings that the thread is posted in, from a link at the bottom. Now I have to scroll up to the top of the thread page to get back to that forum's thread listing again. I hope that makes sense?

Understood. That was a template mod... I'll add it to the list!

Good work Travis. Exchanged PM's with Reefmack regarding issue with Photobucket. I'm not sure if this is what you mean by 'special character recognition' but pound sterling signs don't seem to be recognised and are exchanged for different characters.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Hey T, Looking good man :thumbup:
The RS logo does not work in all the new skins offered.

Frankie

RS STAFF
OK. So far the only one I care for is the Cleanlight. I miss the old standard blue btw ;)

ON that note, I will refrain from posting to much until you get it all worked out unless I see an issue of course.
The new VB should also have an autologin for the chat room. There are a few other cool perks I am aware of but again will wait till your done with everything.
Thanks for you hard work T. It's looking great :)

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
The default style has really grown on me, at 1st all was new / change / different - now I am really liking it, but I have been on a lot, so much so, that I am forgetting what it use to look like :)

DaveK

I have noticed that if I click on my user name to get my public profile, and then click on "find all posts" I get an index of my post after the conversion, but then there is a big gap and lists post I made in Mar 2007 and before. Nothing for any posts I made after Mar 2007 and the conversion.

I sometimes use this when I want to follow up on previous recent posts, and the thread has scrolled off the list of most recent threads.

Thanks.

ReefLady

Staff member
Sounds like something I can fix pretty easily. Will add it to the list. Thanks!!!