RS Upgrade Bug Reporting

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Did want to report... Travis sent the Mods a post early this morning that said... that said he is working on the last few bugs & making great progress... hang in there...

imaccat

This isn't really a bug, more of a request. I've started using Tapatalk, but it doesn't ever show peoples signatures in the threads, can this be changed? I know Travis or Frankie changed the forum settings for mobiles and wondered if the same could be done for Tapatalk.

Cheers

RSM250PEARL

Hi Travis, I have a request if I may. Could you please check if you have the latest software/add on for the forum apps that people are using at the moment please. Tapatalk and forum runner are the ones I use and I've changed my signature slightly on the website using safari on my iphone but it's disappeared on both of the apps so I thought maybe it's a software thing...  Thanks, appreciated :)

ReefLady

Staff member
OK sorry for the absence on this guys... work started back up pretty hectic in January...

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the lack of an arrow for new posts is a Firefox issue. I have had some similar issues and it seems like for some reason Firefox isn't displaying the special characters.

I will chick the forumrunner and tapatalk settings to see about displaying signatures.

T

RSM250PEARL

Hi Travis, I've been in contact with the developer of the forum runner app and he said there was a bug with the last add on that's why the sig wasn't showing. He said it's now fixed and to ask the forum manager to grab the latest add on and the problem should be fixed. So would you mind updating it please, thank you :)

ReefLady

Staff member
OK I have updated the version of ForumRunner to the latest. Please let me know if there are still issues. :)

Rhodes19

Hi Travis,

I'm sure this has been brought up before but I've noticed a few things that I would like to see changed. They are not biggies but I do find them annoying at times. The first thing is with the pictures. Most of the pictures used to fit on the full page but now almost all of them are partially displayed and to see the rest of the picture you have to use the horizontal scroll at the bottom of the post. I would prefer to see the whole picture with out scrolling.

The second thing is with the page numbers at the bottom of the thread. Before, they page number you were on was bold and it was easy to see. All you had to do was click on the page number next to it to navigate to the next page. Now you have to scan to the left to see what page number you were on and go from there.

The other thing I noticed was on the home page. Before, the threads were listed but if there were multiple pages to the thread the page numbers were listed underneath the thread name. I found that feature easier to use if I didn't want to subscribe to a thread.

The last thing is with the reply to thread screen. I find the reply screen/space to be too small and I can't read the quoted post without having to scroll up and down. Also, If I want to add ding bats/smilies, we have to go to the advanced page. I find the older way of posting a replay easier to use.

Any way, they aren't biggies but I did like those features before the change. :) Thanks.

Chris

ReefLady

Staff member
Hi Travis,

I'm sure this has been brought up before but I've noticed a few things that I would like to see changed. They are not biggies but I do find them annoying at times. The first thing is with the pictures. Most of the pictures used to fit on the full page but now almost all of them are partially displayed and to see the rest of the picture you have to use the horizontal scroll at the bottom of the post. I would prefer to see the whole picture with out scrolling.

The second thing is with the page numbers at the bottom of the thread. Before, they page number you were on was bold and it was easy to see. All you had to do was click on the page number next to it to navigate to the next page. Now you have to scan to the left to see what page number you were on and go from there.

The other thing I noticed was on the home page. Before, the threads were listed but if there were multiple pages to the thread the page numbers were listed underneath the thread name. I found that feature easier to use if I didn't want to subscribe to a thread.

The last thing is with the reply to thread screen. I find the reply screen/space to be too small and I can't read the quoted post without having to scroll up and down. Also, If I want to add ding bats/smilies, we have to go to the advanced page. I find the older way of posting a replay easier to use.

Any way, they aren't biggies but I did like those features before the change. :) Thanks.

Chris

Chris, thanks for the input!

1. This might be an auto-resize issue. I'll have to research why that is happening.

2. What browser are you using? for me, the page number is on a much darker background and is easy to see. Are you using the default style or a different skin for the site? The non-default ones are definitely buggy and prone to some issues. I should just deactivate them.

3. On the quick reply, look near the top right of the posting interface. There are little arrow up/down icons there that expand the text box so you can read more of it. I'll see if it can default to being a bit bigger though.

I'll also see if there's a way to include emoticons in the quick reply interface.

Thanks again for the suggestions!

T

ReefLady

Staff member
Hi Travis,

I have fixed this. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Can we make the birthday post so they show up on the main page once again? only a few a week so it won't overrun the main but very few people are looking in this section but they will post if they see it on the main.

Thanks
Eric

Rhodes19

Chris, thanks for the input!

1. This might be an auto-resize issue. I'll have to research why that is happening.

2. What browser are you using? for me, the page number is on a much darker background and is easy to see. Are you using the default style or a different skin for the site? The non-default ones are definitely buggy and prone to some issues. I should just deactivate them.

3. On the quick reply, look near the top right of the posting interface. There are little arrow up/down icons there that expand the text box so you can read more of it. I'll see if it can default to being a bit bigger though.

I'll also see if there's a way to include emoticons in the quick reply interface.

Thanks again for the suggestions!

T

Hi Travis,

Thanks. :) I'm using Internet Explorer and the skin I was using was cleanlight. I just switched it back to the default and the page number at the bottom is highlighted again. :) The up/down arrows work. I didn't know what they did. I guess I can say it was operator head space and timing on my part! LOL Thanks again.

Chris

RSM250PEARL

Travis said:
OK I have updated the version of ForumRunner to the latest. Please let me know if there are still issues. :)

Hi Travis, thanks for the update - the problem however is still present. I seem to be able to see most peoples signature except my own lol.