Red Sea Max 500

indiana

Hi Marcel, I am sorry to hear the link didn't work for you, are you using Goggle Chrome web browser by any chance ??

PM me your email address and I'll send you the pdf

Hey there,

thanks for the offer but both the links are working by now ,problem solved ;-)

I am using IE by the way.

The only missing info is the releasedates for all continents ?

Prices in Holland ( euro ) are:

s-400 € 3450,-
s-500 € 3990,-
s-650 € 4450,-

greeting marcel

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Hey there,

thanks for the offer but both the links are working by now ,problem solved ;-)

I am using IE by the way.

The only missing info is the releasedates for all continents ?

Prices in Holland ( euro ) are:

s-400 € 3450,-
s-500 € 3990,-
s-650 € 4450,-

greeting marcel

Hi Marcel, no the the info isn't missing we simply don't have it yet but I'm working on it, I will keep you posted

Last edited:

Max250

I didn't expect Red Sea to answer my question.

RedSea buy in very cheap equipment, as in the Max 250, and they try to sell it at top price. Prospective buyers should be more concerned about QUALITY of the components, not how it looks. I expect most of it is Made in China.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Do have to say, I have been quite happy with both my 130D & my RSM 250 in over the 2 1/2 years I have had them, I never had a warranty claim & Red Sea is great from all the post I have read honoring warranties, sending out replacement part right away.

Originally Posted by RedSeaKev
Folks, we've been here before, its a check the spec job, before you judge it please get a quote for an Opti Glass Aquarium and a x 10 T5 lighting unit...

The best in T5 (imo) is ATI in a 10 x it's $1,000 - on the glass... well that is more subjective - How much better is it than the glass in my 130D or my 250, well consider this, if it were an option on the 130D or the 250, how much more would you be willing to pay to have it, my RSM 250 glass seems pretty nice to me.

Prospective buyers should be more concerned about QUALITY of the components, not how it looks

How it looks is a huge element & well worth maybe 50% for the cost of my RSM 250, to me. I think the RSM 250 is one of the prettiest tanks on the market. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, I LOVE the looks of the RSM tanks.

For $4,500 to $6,500 ... does make one take a harder look, but I am sure these new tanks will be better quality than the RSM 130D & 250 which I am currently very happy with... bet they sell to the market that has made them successful so far as the best AIO tanks on the market - customers wanting an AIO solution without having to build one & learn what works, as the RSM tanks do work well right out of the box stock (this has been my experience).

Can you build a custom tank for $4,500 to $6,500 with better components- I am thinking you can... let see. Take these $$$ and list one in this thread & lets for fun make some comparisons.

Beauty & an out of the box setup - is going to have value to many - I expect to see them in the club soon after they are released.

Can you build a 65 gal for less than $1,530 that I paid for my RSM 250, maybe - but imo - my RSM 250 was a value & much more pretty than any other tank on the market.

Fun to discuss the new tanks and it seems the new RSM tanks are going to be an option to members wanting larger tanks, as much as a value as the 130D's and 250's well time will tell, because imo - a premium is placed on AIO out of the box solutions & beauty to many.

Red Sea is betting this too... and lets give them credit, they are a very successful company having sold 10's of thousands of AIO tanks - what they have been making & marketing so far has sold - no one can argue that.

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
When will these tanks be out in Australia? I would dearly love a 650. Thanks in advance for you reply.

Hi deanmurphy, I'm sorry at the moment I don't have the information regarding release dates for anywhere in the world other than the UK but as soon as its available to me you will know as well because I will post it on this great forum.:)

steveh

Max250, Your tone indicates that you may be unhappy with certain aspects of your Max aquarium. If this is the case then please let me know and we will see how we can resolve any issues. You are welcome to PM Kevin or contact us through our website, as we take product quality and customer service very seriously.

With specific regard to your comments, I am not sure to what you are referring but Red Sea most certainly does NOT use the cheapest components.
The Max S-Series has been designed using components from around the world, including Europe & Israel. The pumps for example have been very carefully selected from the leading European pump manufacturer. Definitely not the cheapest, especially when we then have to ship them halfway around the world, but in our view the most appropriate for the task. The glass we have chosen is very expensive. Rather than opting for regular glass as used by most other manufacturers, we have gone for low-iron ultra-clear glass, and the difference is very clear to see.
Our investment into all of our products is considerable; whether it is in personnel, tooling, materials, production, qc or other key areas. The S-Series was first shown in May 2010 and has been undergoing trials and tweaks ever since. Anyone who is in business will understand the commercial implications of holding a product back for over one year in order to ensure it meets our own high standards and will fulfil its promise to hobbyists.

We welcome questions and constructive comments. Blanket and unfounded comments are not at all useful for a forum where people come to learn more about their hobby or to receive informed comment, information, advice and support for our products.
In the case of the S-Series I suggest you wait until the product arrives, look at the facts properly and then share your thoughts which we will be interested in hearing whether positive or negative.
And yes, parts of the new S-Series are manufactured in China. Engineered by us. Produced using our own moulds, in our own factory and with our own staff.
Probably much the same as my Dell laptop, television & surround sound system & Canon digital camera. My blackberry is Hungarian, and my Bose stereo is made in Mexico.
All of it seems to work ok. Probably largely because it has been well designed by whichever company has put its name and reputation on the product.

jpsika08

I don't know why everyone still jumps when they know something is made in China, the iPad is made in China as 90% of things everybody uses.
They will be No.1 Economy in the world by 2,016 and that is not accomplished by doing thing the wrong way.

On-Topic,
Personally I think price is very high and going custom most probably you will get some saving, though, main factor here is going to be warranty and visual enhancement, these tanks are beautiful, I owned one and never once had any problem with it, my wife up til today still remembers the RSM250 as a beautiful tank, of course sold it as I wanted a big tank, but if I hadn't done it, sure the S-Series 650L would be in my cross hairs.

deanmurphy

Hi deanmurphy, I'm sorry at the moment I don't have the information regarding release dates for anywhere in the world other than the UK but as soon as its available to me you will know as well because I will post it on this great forum.:)

Thanks for your reply RedSeaKev. I found an email and have been in touch with the Australasian rep. I look forward to having a Red Sea Max S-650 in the future:dance:

indiana

According to the sales department in Hong Kong :

The production of the S-max series will start this August....:D

greetings marcel

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
According to the sales department in Hong Kong :

The production of the S-max series will start this August....:D

greetings marcel

Hi Marcel, I'm not sure where the sales department in Hong Kong got there information from but it is misleading.

I have again requested information regarding the release of the S-Series to the rest of the world after its launch in the UK but unfortunately it is still not available.

What I think is best to stop all the rumours and speculation is to suggest ignoring any information unless it comes direct from Red Sea and that would probably be from SteveH or myself or even possibly one of the national fish keeping magazines.

I will do my best to keep everybody informed.

indiana

Hi Kev,

You are probably right but my source has been correct all other times.......for example that there would be 3 new aquariums I allready knew in June.

In production doesn't meen releasedate offcource.

Never mind ,we will see what happens.

I will keep my laptop shut:ignore:

greets marcel

Max250

Max250, Your tone indicates that you may be unhappy with certain aspects of your Max aquarium. If this is the case then please let me know and we will see how we can resolve any issues. You are welcome to PM Kevin or contact us through our website, as we take product quality and customer service very seriously.

With specific regard to your comments, I am not sure to what you are referring but Red Sea most certainly does NOT use the cheapest components.
The Max S-Series has been designed using components from around the world, including Europe & Israel. The pumps for example have been very carefully selected from the leading European pump manufacturer. Definitely not the cheapest, especially when we then have to ship them halfway around the world, but in our view the most appropriate for the task. The glass we have chosen is very expensive. Rather than opting for regular glass as used by most other manufacturers, we have gone for low-iron ultra-clear glass, and the difference is very clear to see.
Our investment into all of our products is considerable; whether it is in personnel, tooling, materials, production, qc or other key areas. The S-Series was first shown in May 2010 and has been undergoing trials and tweaks ever since. Anyone who is in business will understand the commercial implications of holding a product back for over one year in order to ensure it meets our own high standards and will fulfil its promise to hobbyists.

We welcome questions and constructive comments. Blanket and unfounded comments are not at all useful for a forum where people come to learn more about their hobby or to receive informed comment, information, advice and support for our products.
In the case of the S-Series I suggest you wait until the product arrives, look at the facts properly and then share your thoughts which we will be interested in hearing whether positive or negative.
And yes, parts of the new S-Series are manufactured in China. Engineered by us. Produced using our own moulds, in our own factory and with our own staff.
Probably much the same as my Dell laptop, television & surround sound system & Canon digital camera. My blackberry is Hungarian, and my Bose stereo is made in Mexico.
All of it seems to work ok. Probably largely because it has been well designed by whichever company has put its name and reputation on the product.

Nice reply steveh. I can't wait until the S-Series is released and we can get some reviews from those sophisticated Europeans. :thumber: