Red Sea Max 500

yycguy

The S series will officially be launched at Aqua 2011 in Telford UK, retailers are now taking advanced orders for customers with delivery commencing in October.

I will be receiving my S 500 towards the end of September so I'll be taking a few pictures which I'll do my best to get posted.

Not to be too hard on Red Sea..... but about time!! I have been waiting for the release of this tank since it was first talked about.......
Any idea on pricing yet Kev? (us dollars)

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Not to be too hard on Red Sea..... but about time!! I have been waiting for the release of this tank since it was first talked about.......
Any idea on pricing yet Kev? (us dollars)

Sorry folks, no information yet on release date in the States, price won't be set until the Series is released.

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Kev any chances of putting some photos up on this thread for the 500 PLEASE !!!
Won.t be long now, I'm away at the show in Telford next week were the S series will be officially launched so hopefully the week after I'll go for an R/O fill and get it salted up.

dizzyg

I dont think I was this impatient when waiting for my own tank! Just want to see this baby up and running so I can start saving to get one here :p

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Won.t be long now, I'm away at the show in Telford next week were the S series will be officially launched so hopefully the week after I'll go for an R/O fill and get it salted up.

Please be sure to take lots of pics of it. Also where do we find the latest online information & pics of it?

ErnestoC

RSM 400 - 105 US gallons - $4,819.80 U.S. dollars
RSM 500 - 132 US gallons - $5,623.10 U.S. dollars
RSM 650 - 172 US gallons - $6,426.40 U.S. dollars

Really? that is way overpriced no? If Red Sea comes out with this prices it will be a luxury item among the tanks... well then I will have to think on a DIY one...

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
They are going to be very very cool tanks & I think we will be surprised when we start seeing them show up in the club.

We have lots of members on RS with tanks in this price range, so I am guessing and Red Sea is betting there will be a demand for them. I always have to remind myself price is relative to the value the customer sees.

I can't wait to see them !

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Naturally, just as I get my RSM 250 started, I see one that I want more. Probably best to get my feet wet with what I have. Looking forward to seeing those who get it.

catran

I love that tank. The RO/Di resevoir is pretty cool. It's just an all around great tank. I wonder which skimmer that is...
The only question I have: Why the older manual timers?

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
I love that tank. The RO/Di resevoir is pretty cool. It's just an all around great tank. I wonder which skimmer that is...
The only question I have: Why the older manual timers?

This is an easy one to answer, they are simply more reliable then the digital types, many different digital timers from different manufactures were tested, there failure rate was simply to high.

The skimmer is the C Skim 1800

catran

That makes a lot of sense. I would rather go with reliability of course. Thanks Kev!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk