PSU4Me: Meet a RS Founder!

yankieman

Wow we are starting to see all kinds of old timers, I've been on a fish board of some kind since 1998 [dialup yuck ]. I was a founding memeber at the RAG too, we were hobbyschool.com back in the day. RS was started by a great group of people with long term practical exp. While I am a founding member I havn't participated much except where I thought I could add something. When RS was started I wasn't able to devote much time as I had just sold one business and started a new one from scratch, I have watch the board over the years grow into quiet a data base of knowlage, great job to all of the staff, and memebers past and present!! 25 years doing saltwater of some sort and Fresh water longer then that and I still learn something new everyday.

Good to hear from you ,, you can be called one of the George Washingtons of RS

sk8rdn

Has been struck by the ban stick
So since RS is having it's 10 year anniversary coming up in a few months, what are we gonna do special to celebrate?

...."Fish" Happens!....

ReefLady

Staff member
We were founded in November 2003.... That will be 9 years, so I'm off the hook!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Cheers Robert (alf - 2003) for checking in !

How's this beautiful tank doing?

100_0600.jpg

Alf

Cheers Robert (alf - 2003) for checking in !

How's this beautiful tank doing?
Very well Thank you, Just needs to do some growing out that pic is only a couple weeks old. While this tank has been set up 12 years now I have only recently [ last 3 months ] put corals and such back in it went FO w/inverts for a while. All but 2 corals are either TR from hobbiest tanks or Aquacultured frags
This pic was taken 4/23/12
100_0632.jpg

sk8rdn

Has been struck by the ban stick
Travis said:
We were founded in November 2003.... That will be 9 years, so I'm off the hook!

I was talking 2013, gives us a year to plan... Lol.

...."Fish" Happens!....

Frankie

RS STAFF
I think a badge is a cool idea! @Brian_e, I remember you sending me 500 nassarius snails to seel at my local fish store! I was a broker hahahahaha

I remember that! Lol!
Great thread! Brings back awesome memories.
Those were the days when the chat room was full all night long with awesome times!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Forum Runner

DaveK

10 years is a long time!

I sort of hate to think about that. I'm getting older now, and I'm wondering just how many more years I can keep my reef going. While I don't think I'm close to that day yet, sooner or later it's going to become too much for me to handle. Then I have to make that post "Free to good home..." for everything. On that day, I'd rather give it away to someone that wants it, rather than sell it for the little I'll get.

ReefLady

Staff member
I sort of hate to think about that. I'm getting older now, and I'm wondering just how many more years I can keep my reef going. While I don't think I'm close to that day yet, sooner or later it's going to become too much for me to handle. Then I have to make that post "Free to good home..." for everything. On that day, I'd rather give it away to someone that wants it, rather than sell it for the little I'll get.

That was what I did. I had just had my back surgery and the 180 had been neglected for, literally, years (my focus ironically was on RS!)

I finally decided to let it go, and haven't really looked back.

I'm definitely a different set of circumstances - I have a community tank with 30K-plus members and hundreds of posts per day! But still... when the day came... it was nice to just give it to someone who wanted to give it a go.

I had only paid $500 for it anyway, and I didn't have to lift a finger to get it out of my house (which is good because I couldn't!!!)

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
:tears: I don't like to think about getting old....I'm staying in denial for right now. :thumbup:
I'm glad my kids like the SW hobby & even plan on getting a RSM S-650 when they get in their more permanent home. At least if something happens to me, they will know how to keep my tank going until they find it a good home. How old is old anyway?

ReefLady

Staff member
Oh, I didn't get too old... just too preoccupied with my career and running Reef Sanctuary.

Also, I never really recovered from a horrendous tank crash that happened during my honeymoon. It broke me. :tears:

I don't think you're ever too old to care for your reef - you just might need some hired help for the heavy lifting at some point!!!