OT: How much is gas in your area??

Frankie

RS STAFF
Re: How much is gas in your area??

just paid $100 to fill up WOOOO HOOOOO

Dude, $300 PER WEEK?????????????? What are you driving? I drive an F150 all over town and its maybe 100 bucks every 8-10 days. I feel for you man
My work truck is a 2000 GMC Savanna 250. I do most of my work on barrier island resorts that are an hour away. But lately i have also had a boost in work 30 minutes in the other direction so i am going one way then back another. It's a lot of driving i do. I am looking to retire this truck soon now because i don't do hands on much any more. Most of my work is estimates and inspecting job sites now.

vdituri

Well heck Frankie, if its just inspecting. Get a Vespa.
You, a camera, a pad and pencil and the open road.......:D

rebekwl

I got some gas today in SLC, and it was $3.83/gal for premium. I feel for the people who are already up to $4!!

WPH

we are topping $4.00 a gallon for regular unleaded.....in Hawaii putting $20 every other day in my van.....YIKES!!!

BoomerD

we are topping $4.00 a gallon for regular unleaded.....in Hawaii putting $20 every other day in my van.....YIKES!!!

That hardly seems like a surprise to me. IIRC, we paid $3.85/gallon in Maui back in December.

We're bouncing around the $4.00 mark here. Some are a few cents under, some are a few cents over.

I'm still thinking the "Drive for 5" is still alive. Labor Day is my guess.

rlcline76

I wouldn't doubt it BoomerD. Looks like we are cancelling our vacation this summer to cooler climes, just to save up for the gas prices this Fall!

BoomerD

We were planning a trip to the Grand Canyon this spring...till gas prices went through the roof. Now, we're just staying home. Even Yosemite, which is only 100 miles away is getting to be an expensive trip. The VW Jetta isn't bad on gas, but it's hard on my back and knee for lengthy trips, and the Expedition is hard on gas...

rlcline76

We were planning a trip to the Grand Canyon this spring...till gas prices went through the roof. Now, we're just staying home. Even Yosemite, which is only 100 miles away is getting to be an expensive trip. The VW Jetta isn't bad on gas, but it's hard on my back and knee for lengthy trips, and the Expedition is hard on gas...

I'm glad to see that I am not the only one faced with disappointments this summer. We are trying to get home this Fall, otherwise, I do not see myself able to get back until 2010. Seems the more important of the 2 trips. I don't want to think of the price of gas in 2010...my butt is hurting enough as it is. Post usually has the least expensive gas, not anymore. We have to be the worst. Get right out of town and it is about $3.65 a gallon.

dfurbee

I'm glad to see that I am not the only one faced with disappointments this summer. We are trying to get home this Fall, otherwise, I do not see myself able to get back until 2010. Seems the more important of the 2 trips. I don't want to think of the price of gas in 2010...my butt is hurting enough as it is. Post usually has the least expensive gas, not anymore. We have to be the worst. Get right out of town and it is about $3.65 a gallon.

We have a house on the beach (outer banks, in Duck), we are saving extra $$ just for gas:cursin: But we are still going! Got to get out of WV every once in a while, or I would get crazy, like the rest that call this place home. Glad to say am from AZ and not here ;)

BarbMazz

Regular here is at 3.88 today. I didn't notice premium pricing.

Local predictions are for over 4.00 for regular this holiday weekend, just like the oil companies have planned. :look:

I like conspiracy theories, and this one is right up my alley.

glampka

Mobil around here is pushing the $4.00 mark. Most others in the upper $3.80s.

thelastmucci

gas is just too darn expensive...I really hope that McCain wins the election so he'll put a stop to the gas tax (and other sinsiter plans as well)

Rhode Island is only 45 miles from side to side so we don't do as much driving as you west coasters..but still my gas guzzling jeep probably only gets about 10 miles per gallon...and it's a 20 gallon tank...so I have to fill up about every week and half. I can imagine how horrible it is for people that have older cars out there. I am thinking of getting a new car though but that won't be for quite some time..something small like a honda or a nissan.

BoomerD

gas is just too darn expensive...I really hope that McCain wins the election so he'll put a stop to the gas tax (and other sinsiter plans as well)

Rhode Island is only 45 miles from side to side so we don't do as much driving as you west coasters..but still my gas guzzling jeep probably only gets about 10 miles per gallon...and it's a 20 gallon tank...so I have to fill up about every week and half. I can imagine how horrible it is for people that have older cars out there. I am thinking of getting a new car though but that won't be for quite some time..something small like a honda or a nissan.

ROFL!! Mooch, if you believe that one, I've got some prime swampland for sale in Arizona...:D
(FWIW, the federal gas tax is only 18 cents...it won't make a whit of difference in overall prices, and in fact, may drive consumption up and cause prices to go up as well)

rlcline76

I've got some prime swampland for sale in Arizona

Yes, then you can put a mobile home on it and call it a "ranch".

thelastmucci

well maybe I'm still a bit Naive about the Govt however I do trust McCain. He's a freakin POW for gawd sakes. To me he seems like the best of the 3..just my two cents.

BoomerD

well maybe I'm still a bit Naive about the Govt however I do trust McCain. He's a freakin POW for gawd sakes. To me he seems like the best of the 3..just my two cents.

We can't get into politics here Mooch...we'll get whacked with the banstick over it, but I disagree...for a variety of reasons. Do a google on the following:
McCain USS Forrestal
McCain Keating 5
McCain Manchurian Candidate.