OT: How much is gas in your area??

elliottb

Re: How much is gas in your area??

I got to drive 250 miles today and used 1 and 1/4 tank of gas :( Cost me 50$
And all that for a 15$ frogspawn frag!

Gas is 2.99 per gallon.

BoomerD

Over $3.50 here too...the bastages...we'z being robbed!

I always have a...surplus of gas...now if I could only bottle it...I'd get rich..:D

thelastmucci

eliott...2.99 really isn't that bad...I'm paying 3.15 and I think that's cheap compared to the rest of the country. Look at Cali..they're going to hit 4 bucks this summer..ouch.

BarbMazz

I paid $3.45 on Thurs. Haven't noticed if it's changed since then, but that's the highest it's been I think! I hit over $50 for a fill-up and that's a first, too. John's truck was over $80 to fill.

glampka

Regular is running around $3.35. Glad I don't take diesel- $4.29

lcstorc

3.29 here this week but last filled up in Ft Pierce a bit south of me. It was 3.45 there. Cost $40 to fill up mu Hyundai.

Last edited:

elliottb

eliott...2.99 really isn't that bad...I'm paying 3.15 and I think that's cheap compared to the rest of the country. Look at Cali..they're going to hit 4 bucks this summer..ouch.

Im not saying its high! I remember when gas was under 2$! I was 5 at the time, but I still remember it :D

naperenterprise

We'll I just gave up my 3 cars (trade in)... Happy with our dog sled, but our new puppy just isn't pulling his load. had the whole family in the "sled" and we just sat there for a few hours, it got cold so we all went back into the house...

Can someone drop off a case of beer to me? please....????

Darn...how will I get to work in the morning.......

thelastmucci

Elliott...I was driving (and putting like 5 bucks in my tank) when I was sixteen and I remember when it was that low too. My dad takes premium for the Lincoln (mark VIII) and that is actually cheaper to fill up. If I fill up my Jeep completely (which I haven't done in 929 miles) then it's about 65..barb 80 is just INSANE...can't you do half fills.

SJS

Yep - we're going to hit $4 for premium pretty soon. My car takes premium, but I get good mileage - up to 27 mpg, the truck takes regular, but gets 1/2 my mileage. I'm shopping for a new car and gas mileage is at the top of the list...

lcstorc

Our next car will run on alternative fuel. Haven't decided what yet but at least a hybrid and probably one that doesn't use gas at all.
Hydrogen is looking promising. That's what they use at my husband's work and he says it is great.

tbittner

Hydrogen isn't going to happen. It takes electric to make it. In order to make electric cleanly and cheaply, we need nukes. They are a different kind of scary but I think they're our only option. Then we can extract hydrogen from water. But with the terrible droughts everywhere....

hmmmmm......

Ethanol uses our food......

Yeah, ok......

Jay Leno said that he saw demonstration models of hybrid cars that have a small diesel engine. They got over 100 mpg. That is a short time fix though.

There needs to be a break in some kind of new technology in order to solve this issue. I wonder if OPEC isn't raising the price because maybe, just maybe, they know that the oil is going to run out sooner rather than later so they are raking in as much money as they can now. Although, if the world ran out of oil, money wouldn't matter much anymore, now would it.

Who knows.... All I know is there isn't a darn thing that I can do about it except to severely limit my driving to the bare minimum. By slowing down and using cruise control (yeah, I was shocked that I could use cruise control around here but if you're one of the slower cars on the road...) I was able to get my car up to 34 mpg (BMW 530I). That helps. I'm getting about 4 more miles per gallon now, then when I was in a hurry.