NEW Aquavitro's Salinity salt by Seachem first impressions

JimmyJ

Called my LFS and they still want $180 a bucket. I asked if the price will be coming down at all soon and he is paying $120, still a bit of a markup although still much higher then those of you on the east coast are paying.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Called my LFS and they still want $180 a bucket. I asked if the price will be coming down at all soon and he is paying $120, still a bit of a markup although still much higher then those of you on the east coast are paying.

I just don't see how/why he's paying so much for it. I have got to think there is a clerical error somewhere along the line.

He's not "Raping" it with his margin because he's running less than 35% margin. But I still think his "Purchase Price" must be out of line somewhere along the way. No way this or ANY salt is worth $180/225g. Not even close.

JimmyJ

I just don't see how/why he's paying so much for it. I have got to think there is a clerical error somewhere along the line.

He's not "Raping" it with his margin because he's running less than 35% margin. But I still think his "Purchase Price" must be out of line somewhere along the way. No way this or ANY salt is worth $180/225g. Not even close.

I agree, there is something wrong with his supplier.

Bobi1956

I use RSM Coral Pro at $55 for 165 gallons - started with it and sticking with it till I see of a reason not to.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I just checked the online flyer for my LFS for the 225G Salinity- I could swear it said $75 the other day. Now it says $25 off. I may call before I go tomorrow - I'm not driving there just to find out it's 180 or 120.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Terry I know our lfs was trying to get everyone to try it & was selling them thier 1st bucket at near cost, maybe your lfs giving a deal on it too.

JimmyJ

I just checked the online flyer for my LFS for the 225G Salinity- I could swear it said $75 the other day. Now it says $25 off. I may call before I go tomorrow - I'm not driving there just to find out it's 180 or 120.

Terry - Can you send me a link to the flyer? I want to show my LFS that he is getting screwed by his supplier.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Jimmy - all the flyer now says is $25 off, but no clue as to the reduced price.

Glenn - maybe that's the case.

JimmyJ

Thanks anyway Terry.

If anyone has a link to this salt with a price lower the $100 can you send it to me? Thanks

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Just got the $75 sale price confirmed (regular price $99). I'll be at the door waiting for them to open tomorrow. :)

reeferman

Imagine Ocean is an excellent store!they are sponsors of the reef club im in.they always have Salinity around that price.