[NanoCube 12 DX] what now?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
It's got the stock 3x18w (I think 18w) hood on it until the LED one is back. It's "In the shop" now LOL!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
:LOL: It can be done :)

I've added a HOB filter to this tank today and every few minutes I SCRUB & AGITATE the tank to get more and more "GUNK" suspended so it can get filtered out. It's amazing what a difference it's made already today.

Robzilla

Maybe not my bathroom, but I'm seriously overthinking a quickdrain to my back patio now....You got me thinkin Al! Never good when my brain tries to turn on lol.

Just make sure you clean tha filter as much as the rock or else you will have double the problem!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Thanks Rob. I'm one step ahead there. I went and bought a BOX of replacement filter cartidges at lunch. I bout 8 that should be enough to get me through for 2 1/2 more hours LOL!

I had to admit. . . the water is the clearest it's been in a LONG time. I didn't realize just HOW neglected this tank was. Sorry fishie!!

I'm going to grow this into a Softie Tank with maybe a single LPS or something like that.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
So can you tell a difference today?

Here it is all "Stirred Up"
DSC00127.jpg

Here it is after 5 minutes
DSC00128.jpg

And here's after 20 mins
DSC00129.jpg

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I had a bad "Switch" on my LED hood but that should be repaired and hopefully back to me this week. I can't wait to get my LED back on this tank. :)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Here are a couple shots of "Mater" hosting in the Xenia.... (Terrible quality but pics none the less)
IMG_4763.jpg

I came into the office this morning to find no "Mater". I looked all around the tank and nothing. I moved a rock and found some "meat". Guess "Mater" expired over the weekend and the CUC ....well they cleaned up. No way to positively ID the "meat" but it's most likely what I'm looking for. 4+ years isn't too terribly bad for a Maroon Clown and there's no telling his true age when I bought him.

Oh well.. such as life. Time to RESTOCK!! Hmmmmm what will it be next . . . . ?

Stretch

Has been struck by the ban stick
The suspense is killing me! What's next, what's next!?!?!

Lol any ideas what it might be?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Hmmm not sure. I think I'm gonna re-do the tank while it's "Fallow" and see what comes out. It'll be something small and LIGHT on the bio-load meter for sure. Maybe a pair of Blue Hippo Tang or some type of Grouper. I'm not sure yet.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Thanks Terry. It sucks but I can't really complain because she lived a pretty good while especially since I don't know when her original "hatch" date was. She's on to "Bluer Waters" now :)