Looks great !

DSC_0143.jpg

Saltwater coral frag pack:

1 Mini colony ORA neon green birdsnest
1 Large frag orange montipora digitata
4-5 stalks of pom pom xenias
1-2 stalks of xenias
2 medium polyps of high end fuzzy green mushrooms

I found this frag pack on craigslist for 50$ which is a steal! You think my aquarium is up for it, this is a good deal and i dont wanna let it slide!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
It does sound like a good deal! It's usually recommended to have a more mature tank for SPS (the birdsnest and montipora), but those are fairly easy SPS. Have you completed the cycle? Still getting the brown diatom and/or red cyano? If not those might interfere with the success of the corals. Just my thoughts.

Well the nitrogen cycle is done according to ammonia and nitrites, but i do have some diatoms growing on the sides with some red and brown but not like my tank is pure brown, just some patches. 25 days running today

Actually i'm pretty sure it's finishing up because their isn't as much algae on the glass and my sand is turning back into white. (it was like reddish brownish in some spots before)

Some of these corals go for 20-30$ alone so i'm just gonna take the chance!!! haha I'm gonna go get my water tested and salinity so i can get an accurate reading cuz i've heard that hydrometers might be very innacurate!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Nice corals and more than just frags! The tank and substrate look a lot cleaner now too - that's great!

So i bought a diamond goby two days ago, healthy as ever, and i find him today buried in the sand with no head, ripped into a filet, i have 2 tiny tiny hermit crabs and one semi large hermit crab!!! WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED!!! he was buried in the sand :(((

Tank has been running for more than a month now, have 5-6 corals and two perfectly healthy clownfish as well as a turbo snail, 5 astrea and 2 nassarius

Monkeyboy

You may have experienced an ammonia spike. I've always been advised to leave at least a month between adding fish to allow the "friendly" bacteria to catch up with the extra bio load.

Just my thoughts but im sure you'll get some better advice from more experienced reefers.

So how was he all torn up and headless in just one night? and ammonia levels were 0 since i last tested em, and it's been 2 weeks since the last fish i added!

Monkeyboy

i've seen first hand what a cuc does to a dead fish and its not nice!

just curiousity have you had any clicking from the tank at night?

Ummm not that i know of, but yeah since it's a smaller tank and the goby was in a burrow, i'm guessing the larger hermit crab climbed in there and got him!