Martin's RSM 130

catran

I'm sure it depends on what's wrong with them. You would have to leave a question in the livestock threads, I'm not sure combining them is too good, especially on the weaker fish. You're better off concentrating on a specific illness.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Good luck with the "rescues"! After that amount of time those new bulbs had to make a lot of difference!

They made a huge difference, i just got lugols solution should i dip my corals or just add two drops? i added two drops so far, should i do the dip for my xenias?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I'm not sure about how much Lugols to use in a dip, but don't add it to the tank - it's strong stuff and too much iodine in the tank can cause major problems. I'm not sure which corals will be negatively affected by it.

I just put in 2 drops in my 55 gallon it should be fine! you dont use it at all? i figure just like a once every week or two id add a drop or two!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
If you do a weekly water change you'll get the iodine you need. I have some Salifert iodine additive that I add rarely, and I have a test for iodine. Iodine is one of those things that too much of can cause problems. 2 drops in a 55 gallon is probably OK, but I doubt you'd need it every week.

"Overdosing Iodine can have serious consequences on your tank, as it is both a strong oxidant as well as bacteriocidal. In other words, if you add too much iodine, you can wipe out your tank. "

Reefs.org: Where Reefkeeping Begins on the Internet - Adding Iodine To the Reef Tank

Another article on iodine:

Chemistry And The Aquarium: Iodine in Marine Aquaria: Part I — Advanced Aquarist's Online Magazine

Ok cool thanks! I brought home an orange shoulder tang, but hes really sick, hes swimming into the wall the whole time, why does he do that, just faces the wall and stay there, like in a corner

it was doing that at the LFS but i get them for free when theyre sick, he's swimming around actively he was prolly just startled for a bit! I feed em shrimp that's hwy he wouldn't eat, hes an HERBIVORE! got him some spinach, im gonna throw some macroalgae in there too we'll see how he does!

IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

My sick xenias :( do you have any idea if theyre completely done or do they look like they could still kick back?

OK well now i dont know if its copper or not? my xenias are dying. Some of them are turning like green and yellowish, i cant tell if my sps are doing ok or dying? all my invertebrates are fine though so i dont think it would be copper, im stumped

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Xenia grows like a weed in some tanks, and can't be kept alive in other tanks. I'm not sure if anyone really knows why.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
+1 ^ mine after a few months quite pulsing... they are a bit weird & after while they started growing everywhere & I could not kill them, even if I scraped to with a knife to the bare rock - non in my RSM 250... imo now... if they are dieing it's good news...

Alright so its a mystery! most likely not copper then? pheewwww what a relief, my starfish and crabs snails are all alive so it couldnt be that! i just hope my others dont die, we'll see