Lethals RSM 250

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a heads up...You may be interested in a great little Aussie band called Karnivool, well worth a listen!

Yeah man....I will have to check them out, I will let you know what I think....
I know what you are saying about feeling old @ show's though, but I still have a good time:cool:

Max250

Hey Leigh, thanks for the pics. It's good to see a real-life tank :) I think I'd want to reduce my nutrients, as well as the raising the mag levels. Maybe your nitrates are high?

Last edited:

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Max...thanks for the possible id, i'll look into that a bit more. As for reducing nitrates, I can't detect any so not sure what to do there. I run CPE, do 10% water changes every week and feed 1/2 cube of frozen food per day.
Glenn...I have heard mixed reports about the Tech M dosing but most times it seems to work. I have mine at 1560 at the moment and pulled a heap of bryopsis out at the weekend. I'll keep you informed.
Terry...I'm not sure if the unknown is hard or not. I'll investigate it when I get home tonight. As for my Foxface, he used to pick at the bryopsis but now he won't look at it, even though I have thinned it out. Maybe I feed him too much nori :).
Shon...hope you like the band:)

It never rains but it pours...my No.1 pump has failed now, just a couple of weeks out of warranty. I've emailed the Aussie distributor to see if I can get it replaced so hopefully they'll come to the party. If they don't, what other types of pumps are available that I could fit?

clka

Leigh, sounds like you are starting to have an impact on the weed, good news! I need to call tomorrow and try to find out where my tech M is....

Sorry to hear about the pump, it does seem as though stuff happens all at once.

Cheryl

lethal

I could do that Glenn, but it will be a different voltage and plug. Apparently the Oz versions are 2 weeks away :flaming: .
Does anyone know if this pump would do the job? It has a higher rating of 3000lph vs. 2400lph for the original. It will fit but not sure if the increased flow would upset things.
Aqua Bee UP3000

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
forgot about the different voltage and plug... thanks for the reminder... got to remember that about our global Red Sea community :hug1:

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Leigh - do you have any pumps left that are pulling water through the back? I'm just wondering if that water in back will get stagnant.

lethal

Terry...I still have the right hand side pump working but it has very little flow as it supplies the chiller too. If I turn on the skimmer it just overflows within seconds. They are sending me a new impeller for the No.1 pump but i'm not sure if that will fix it. The pump buzzes but the impeller doesn't rotate. Any thoughts?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Leigh. At least you still have a bit of water exchange in the back. It does sound like an impeller problem. I hope that fixes it when you get it.

Have you looked at the impeller to see if the blades section is loose on the shaft that has the magnet? If so maybe some superglue would get it going till you get the new one? Just a guess.

lethal

Thanks Terry. I'll check the impeller tonight and glue it up if necessary.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
It's worth checking Leigh. When the motor spins the magnet the blades should spin with it. At least that's how I understand it - I could always be incorrect - it wouldn't be the first, or last, time. :)

reeferman

that sucks Leigh!i pulled my impellar out and superglued the impellar back to the shaft as Terry said a few times before i got a replacement.it worked temporarily.youll be fine without a skimmer for a while as long as you do your wc.

tnwillia

I've gone 6 weeks without a skimmer Leigh doing just water changes when I had a failure. You've got time. Good luck with it!

lethal

Juan...I think everyone was ok but what a scary thing to happen, especially on a new plane.
Tom...Thanks. I have turned the air right down on the skimmer and I have been able to run it without overflowing it. I think I am more concerned with the lack of flow in the lhs chamber eg. stagnant water.
On a positive note, I took the chance to syphon out those chambers at water change time and I was amazed at how much crap was in there. Next week i'll have to do the other ones but that is a bit more awkward with the water sensors,chiller pipes etc.
Sharon...The bryopsis appears to be dying off nicely but I won't take it for granted. Still keeping Mg levels up and pulling it out manually but it isn't coming back like it did. Even my foxface is having a nibble at it:)

Status
Not open for further replies.