Lethals RSM 250

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leigh- How are you??? Roger Waters was unreal, everything they said it would be and more....lot's of cool peeople too. I hope all is good.

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Shon...cheers for stopping by. Glad you enjoyed Roger Waters, he is such a talent. I'm still waiting for Tool to announce some side shows :fingerx:. They are doing some festivals down here but i'm getting a bit past those now. I always feel old when I go to concerts now :eek:. There should be a law against only young people enjoying the latest bands. I took the missus to see the Silversun Pickups a couple of weeks ago and they were awesome.
Just a heads up...You may be interested in a great little Aussie band called Karnivool, well worth a listen!

reeferman

its bad to feel old at a show!i got into Tool in the very early 90s,so all the young kids are just jumping on the bandwagon!i say go to a festival and rock out!youre only as old as you feel.

clka

Leigh, how goes the bryopsis battle? I was disappointed to learn that my tech m shipped from a different warehouse than the rest of my petstore.com order, so still hasn't arrived.

Cheryl

lethal

Hey Cheryl, sorry that your Tech M never showed. I had a similar problem getting it in Oz so I ended up getting it from the US. I haven't seen any change yet but i'm going slowly. Thought i'd post a couple of pics of it anyway :eek: .

P1040812.jpg

P1040811.jpg

Does anyone know what this is? I have many of them popping up on the rocks.

P1040819.jpg

Any idea what could be going on with my Scolly. It has developed a fair size crack in it. I have tried it in different positions but it won't recover.

P1040818.jpg

On a happier note, my urchin is getting bigger every day.

P1040816.jpg

redsea reefer

+1 ^ but you forgot about the FTS :)....No idea whats happening with the Scoly.

Would you say your lights are BLUE or Whitish Blue Leigh?

lethal

Thanks Cheryl, he is pretty cool.
Eddie...I'd say the lights are more bluish than white. I originally had one less Blue+ in it but I wanted a bluer look so I put it back in. Photos don't really do it justice.

Dweezil

Leigh ~ I've been looking for something about your Scoly. Everything I'm reading is some do split and then you'll have 2..most seemed happy about it but it's the first I've heard of it happening. If it's still eating and happy maybe it is just splitting and after awhile you can sell one $$$ or just have 2.

lethal

Thanks Tammy for that info. I suppose it would be cool if it did split then, just a little worried at the moment. He is still eating but much slower than he used to. Somehow his mouth doesn't seem complete :(.
Eddie...you're welcome.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I sure hope the Mg works for you Leigh! I was lucky that my Foxface ate all of mine, but up to that point that green devil algae had me very frustrated.

Could the unknowns be sea cucumbers? I think some live in the rock and all you see if the filter feeding parts of them. You might post that picture in the hitchhiker forum.

imaccat

Hi Leigh, love the picture of the urchin. I recall seeing a picure of your hitchiker, but I can't find it (our phone/broadband lines are out because some thieving b******ds stole the main cable from the telephone exchange to our village and searching on the iPhone over a poor mobile phone signal isn't great), but could it be a spaghetti worm? Does it retract at all?

lethal

G'day Iain, no they don't retract at all. I do have some spaghetti worms so I know how they behave. These ones are always out and most are white.
Why on earth would someone steal a telephone cable? Numptys!

imaccat

They steal them for the copper, the price is high so worth the risk, still numptys though!

Once we are back on line properly I'll try and find the photo.

Cheers

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Leigh - I have been following in our local reef club ... a member that has been dosing Kent Tech M for 7 weeks & is reporting it finally working... after lots of post saying no change... here was her last post ... just thought you might find it interesting...

"Hiya,
Time for another update.
Mg over 1800
Cal down to 400, double dosed this.
PH down to 8.1 double dosed this too.
Alk also down, double dosed this.
Fish active, corals look great, except for a few zoo colonies. Bryopsis is almost gone and what there is is filitomous. I'm going to continue treatment until I finish another bottle of Kent Tech M, maybe another depending on if this new bottle does the job."

Kim/Benton, AR

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Leigh - is the unknown stiff (calcium based) and can it be broken off? If so Max250's foraminiferan ID may be correct, although I've never seen any that long before.

Glenn - good information. She saw the same thing I did. When I got Mg over 1600-1700 my GSP and some of my zoas stopped opening. That's when I stopped & went with a Foxface. I suppose the zoas and GSP may have been fine eventually, once the Bryposis was gone and Mg was allowed to drop, but I wasn't sure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.