Jimmy's 130D Setup

Dweezil

JJ ~ I'm just catching up with your thread. So sorry about the losses. :( That's an awful feeling. You'll have much better piece of mind with that controller.

JimmyJ

John (reefcleaners) is a great deal, it's like pay shipping & get the snails free :dance:

That's a good way to look at it Glenn :) looking forward to getting them in the tank. The only cuc that made it through all this was one blue legged hermit and the tank is starting to show it. Its like everything is starting over, lots of brown diatom all over.

JJ ~ I'm just catching up with your thread. So sorry about the losses. :( That's an awful feeling. You'll have much better piece of mind with that controller.

Thanks Tammy, glad I have the controller now, looking forward to getting things back on the right path.

BLADEYAMAHA

"Having a reef tank is more about keeping water than fish or corals."--Originally Posted by Setragni

So, so, so very true.

Last edited:

JimmyJ

Got my shipment of snails from reefcleaners today and there is easily four times the amount of snails in there them I thought. Great service, great price and fast free shipping!!!

JimmyJ

Thanks Leigh for motivating me to update my thread :wave::thumbup:

Hello everyone, sorry :look: its been so long since I put any updates in here. Have not done much to the tank since the "Heat Wave 2011" (cooked tank) a few months ago so not much to update you on. Other then adding in a ton of snails thanks to ReefCleaners, which I might add that I love having all the Dwarf Ceriths although they are really good at getting into the pump including the MP10 and shutting them down, I got a new fish for the tank yesterday. We got what the LFS called a Multi-Sand Sifting Goby although looks more like a Sleeper Striped Goby according to LiveAquaria.com. Figured our Blue Tang, which was the only fish to survive the 100+ degree water temps when the heater got stuck on, was getting a bit lonely all by itself. It was quite sad to see how timid the tang got when all the other fish died, it's just now getting to the point where it won't hide during feeding time or when someone is close to the tank. No new corals yet since the tank crash, still have about 3 colonies of zoa's that survived. They don't seem to be spreading anymore although just glad they are still around. Been dealing with some odd new algea that I didn't see until after the crash, might of been due to all the GHA I had in the tank that got killed off with the heated water. Anyways, enough about the tank, bring on the vids! Just a few vids of the new Goby and the tank.

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Hey, welcome back Jimmy and cheers for the update. Your new Goby is pretty cool and looks right at home already. Good luck with getting your tank back to where it was. Any idea what your first corals will be?

JimmyJ

Hey, welcome back Jimmy and cheers for the update. Your new Goby is pretty cool and looks right at home already. Good luck with getting your tank back to where it was. Any idea what your first corals will be?

Thanks Leigh. Out off the coral I had, my favorite was the open brain. It was cool to watch it eat so will probably go with one of those first.

Hey Jim thanks for checking in ! Congrats on the new goby !

Thanks Glenn!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
JJ I'd love to see a time lapse vidoe of the open brain eating. Keep that in mind LOL :) I don't ask for much do I?

JimmyJ

Hey Jim, glad to here it's coming back and the new additions look great. Keep pushing forward!

Thanks Tom!

JJ I'd love to see a time lapse vidoe of the open brain eating. Keep that in mind LOL :) I don't ask for much do I?

Will do Al :) It will still be some time before I get any coral though. I want to get the bit of algea in there taken care of first plus starting over gives me chance to re-work the rockscape. I think I have to much in there as it is.