Jimmy's 130D Setup

JimmyJ

Who said that the stock skimmer didn't work that well? It really kicked in during this time of need, look at this gross smelly stuff.

utf-8BSU1BRzAwMjMuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzAwMjAuanBn.jpg

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Mmmm, stinky stuff indeed, at least it's doing it's job. Did you lose any fish or just some corals? I bet that HA has been fried now?

JimmyJ

Mmmm, stinky stuff indeed, at least it's doing it's job. Did you lose any fish or just some corals? I bet that HA has been fried now?

Glad to say that all the fish made it except for my cleaner shrimp. The HA is pretty much all gone except for the one side that gets sun from a window.

JimmyJ

A few pics of the aftermath -

The smaller chalice
utf-8BSU1BRzAwMjguanBn.jpg

The larger one (my avatar pic), still has some pick on it so maybe it will come back
utf-8BSU1BRzAwMjkuanBn.jpg

Torch - don't think this ones coming back
utf-8BSU1BRzAwMzAuanBn.jpg

War Coral - this one looks promising
utf-8BSU1BRzAwMzEuanBn.jpg

Zoas looking like nothing even happened
utf-8BSU1BRzAwMzIuanBn.jpg

Open Brain - nothing but skeleton
utf-8BSU1BRzAwMzQuanBn.jpg

SPS - still has some color. This was a hitchhiker coral that was always hiding behind the Toadstool.
utf-8BSU1BRzAwMzUuanBn.jpg

JimmyJ

So today one of my clowns has decided to camp out in the back upper right corner of the tank. It won't eat and when chased out of the corner by me or another fish it always returns to this spot. Any ideas why or if something is wrong? I thought maybe it might be protecting some eggs but I don't see any. Vid below.

JimmyJ

Its the larger of the two clowns that is doing this. The clown has now moved down away from that corner but now hiding in the rock. I think its hiding from the smaller clown because every time the larger one comes out the smaller one attacks it and chases it all over the tank. Hmm, not sure what is going on?

Ashr

So Sorry to hear all the bad news. do you have a QT you can put the clown in? See if you can feed him etc with out other fish bugging him?

JimmyJ

I have tried a few times to feed him by dropping food right in front of him when the other fish are not close and its like he doesn't even see it.

Shazbah

Hi Jim I am so very sorry to hear of your losses. As for the clown has she lost her home??? I remember once when mine hosted a very large mushroom and when removed it from the tank my one clown just stayed in the corner for a few days and wouldnt eat. After a few days she took to my frogspawn and has been there ever since. It makes me so very angry when i read about peoples losses due to equipment failure. We put our hard earned money into this hobby and when we buy something we expect it to do what it claims to do. I really feel your sorrow and frustration

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Jim I have read several post of clowns doing this in the RS forums, usually all is fine & they return to normal after a bit.

Ashr

good luck with the clown!

And that is some really stinky looking skim! yuk! It must smell so bad lol