Glenn's RSM 130D

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Re: Glenn's new RSM 130D

Good luck with the move Glenn. I can't help you with any advice as I have never moved one, but I like Eddies method. The more bodies the better.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

Glenn - I think you can safely have that "new" removed from this thread title LOL! :)

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF

LOL I never did ask Allen to do that... but did think it many times... guess I need to do that :)

and I did think of that... when I named my new thread...
010.gif

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
:woohoo: Successfully moved my RSM 130D from one side of the room to the other, took about one hour. Just drained all but 4 inches of water & took out all the LR & 90% corals - fish stayed for the ride. Used a cheap Lowe's dolly I had (max 250 lbs) moved tank & stand in one shot over berber carpet. Everything went really well, except I aqua-scape in about 5 mins figuring was going to the new RSM 250 in the next couple of months. Did tear/frag my chalice by mistake... Here a pic with iphone, 10 mins after the move, skimmer going crazy & fine filter already clogged, will be changing it every hour for the next 8.

9b73c120.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Glenn - I had a feeling you'd do the move today. Glad to hear it went so well, with no major mishaps! I guess you'll have 2 chalices now for the 250. :)

Got a picture of the Lowe's dolly you used?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I've got a similar hand truck, but mine can also convert to a flat carrier with 4 wheels - very handy at times! So you moved the cabinet and tank together? Good deal that the tank didn't slide when you tilted it! Did you have a couple helping or just your son? I'm asking in case I ever need to move mine.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Just me and the wife & it didn't slide at all & yes we moved it as one unit, we only tilted it up maybe 4 inches & went slow - I thought it was going to be a lot worst & was prepared for even a disaster - just went for it and it went great !

The white/blue finer filter works great - tank clearing...

IMG_1346aaa.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Good job on the move Glenn. It sounds so simple, but I know it wasn't that simple a task! Good to see the tank clearing up!