Glenn's RSM 130D

CaptinSpaulding

Re: Glenn's new RSM 130D

Hello all. First time poster, non stop reader for past few weeks, since we got in to the reef hobby. Fw is what I have always done in the past...

I am going to try these bulbs from ReefGeeks

1 UVL1011 65W 75-25 14000K Aquablue Powercompact (Straight Pin) UV Lighting $23.36 $23.36
1 UVL1035 65W 2-in-1 (Super Actinic/75-25) Powercompact (Straight Pin) UV Lighting $23.36 $23.36

Wound up with a neglected but pretty much new 130D. Rehabilitating it back to life and everything is looking good so far.

glenn - How did you like the lights after this long? Do they last any longer or any less than stock? reefersdirect is the only suppliers I can find with those specific outputs. We do not like the mostly white look of the stock rsm lights. Something more blueish would be nice so that maybe the corals colors will pop like in the coral shops...

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Welcome to RS! Start a tank thread so we can follow your journey! :swmfish:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a new tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics :)

I really liked the bulbs, I sold my 130D to a fellow member of our local reef club & upgraded to my RSM 250, so I only ran them about 6 months, but I loved the look and all my corals thrived :)

CaptinSpaulding

Thanks guys for the welcome, will try to get a new thread and pics of the project up tomorrow. I ordered the bulbs so hopefully will have them in next week sometime. I did a dsb today and arranged the rock for nice caves since it will be home to my peacock mantis once everything is in check. So far just a few cheap frags from a coral shop (I'm in Florida on west coast beach so they are pretty much everywhere here lol) and a couple damsels from petco, (who just started a 30 day return policy on their saltwater fish, was told we are a test run store and that all petco will be going to 30 days on saltwater too if this test run works out, not just fresh anymore), and a cuc of assorted color hermits and turbos. Was amazed how the rock turned out and is already getting some color back. Only adding purple tech and reef buffer 2 part thus far, trying to get everything back up to where I have read it needs to be, slowly and little at a time... fun stuff. Trading t5 lighting for a few medium to large corals tomorrow, they are going to my friends shop for a quarantine dip and rest in one of his tanks until I am ready for them. Purple torch, hollywood stunner chalice, green hammer, and a couple frags of green cap and cloves. Already have pulsing xenia, green shrooms, and two other small frags in there that I forget the names of.

Last edited:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary and the RSM Club, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a new tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics :)

You might call ReefGeeks and ask them, they have changed part numbers or discontinued them I think, been several years since I last bought them, before upgrading to my RSM 250

Maybe others might know...