Glenn's RSM 130D

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Re: Glenn's new RSM 130D

I do think a good salt is a good salt, but so far I am happy with it, why I decided to just say so in my tank thread... not saying it's better than any other, just that I like it so far, my tank being happy, could be related to lots of things & no way to really tell if it related to the new salt in any degree of measurement... I just like it, so far :)

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

Eddie - and I ran out of the SeaChem Reef Salt before I could take a measurement on it. Found I still had a gallon jar of the RS Coral Pro and that got me back to SW that wasn't cloudy. Go figure! :)

redsea reefer

I do think a good salt is a good salt, but so far I am happy with it, why I decided to just say so in my tank thread... not saying it's better than any other, just that I like it so far, my tank being happy, could be related to lots of things & no way to really tell if it related to the new salt in any degree of measurement... I just like it, so far :)

I always like to hear people thoughts and feelings of products available to us Glenn, so thanks for letting us know that you and the tank like SeaChems Salinity so far. I also like to pass on info that I know and read(that are for the most part, factual). :)

Eddie - and I ran out of the SeaChem Reef Salt before I could take a measurement on it. Found I still had a gallon jar of the RS Coral Pro and that got me back to SW that wasn't cloudy. Go figure! :)

I have also read that RS Coral Pro has raised their Alk a bit, so I might try that after my Reef Salt is done. Have you ever noticed any brown residue in the bucket after mixing with RS CP?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF

One more new element that did change recently... I did buy a brand new very nice ro/di unit in this same time frame.

I still buy my ro/di sw at lfs (they use the new salt), but I now make up my own ro/di top-off water - could be my ro/di water is superior to the lfs's :)

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

Eddie - I've gotten a tiny bit of brown residue in my SW bucket with every salt I've ever used.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF

I agree with you Terry. Although I have to say that with the Reef Salt I have, the cloudiness disappears after 24 hrs of mixing and consistently been getting 440- 460 Ca and 9-10 Alk at 1.026 SG, I still haven't bought a Mag test kit yet.:hammerhea

I agree to a point. I can tell you one thing I am THRILLED with about "Salinity".... that's the fact it's LFS only! That gives them VERY high regards from me. Any big company who has the "intestinal fortitude" to support the "Little Guys" is going to get my business and brand loyalty. I don't use "Salinity" only because I absolutely LOVE "Reef Salt" but I am a Sea Chem fan and will continue to stay that way for MANY reasons.

My Sea Chem Reef Salt has given me the BEST and most consistent #'s of any salt I've used to date. It's not only made my tank HAPPY it appears to have "fixed" some issues that I speculate my last salt brand created. That's a Win-WIN if my books. And after 24hrs of mixing at temp it has NO cloudiness left. SWEET!

Sorry for the

HIJACK_onplane.gif

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF

I can tell you one thing I am THRILLED with about "Salinity".... that's the fact it's LFS only

That is a point to consider... bet lots of lfs start carrying it for this reason - of course it will have to be a good product to sell.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

"LFS only" is just another marketing ploy to make folks think it's better than other salts, and worth paying more for it. Being involved with marketing for umpteen years I know all the tricks. I must have gotten an off standard batch of SC Reef Salt, as it was always cloudy SW. In any case I won't buy SC Reef Salt again, and I refuse to be taken in by all the marketing hype on Salinity. Just my 2 cents. :)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF

Terry I got that same BATCH. My first 5g bucket really worried me. I may have even talked to you about it but since then the next two buckets mix cloudy but literally after a few hours crystal clear. Ironically I tested everything that I have tests for and all the #'s were rock solid.

Marketing or not I support a company that's willing to sell a product exclusively to the little guy. That's how my company has been able to survive and even starting to expand in this horrible economy (and I'm in the BUILDING sector mind you). Due to our Brand Loyalty through the years we've been able to stay healthy and strong and unless it's a train I see a very bright light at the end of the tunnel.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

BigAl - I'm not sure what you mean by selling the Salinity "exclusively to the little guy"? Just because you can't buy it online? It's just marketing hype to me, to make you think it's something special.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF

They sell it exclusively to the smaller companies (aka LFS) and that means a lot to me. Yes it may create the allure of "Exclusivity" but to me that's nothing. To me it's about their long standing commitment to the LFS in general.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

To me the exclusivity means absolutely nothing, other than a reason to charge the little guy more money for nothing special. Anyway, enough said from me on this topic. I'll return Glenn's thread back to him. :)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF

Eddie I'd be glad to but you'll have to remind me at another time. I'm at work right now and this is our Annual Inventory Weekend so I wont be around my tank much until Sunday/Monday at best. But feel free to remind me after that :)