Glenn's RSM 130D

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Re: Glenn's new RSM 130D

Thanks everyone !

Yep bio-media out...

I started to take a pic of the cute little bag of bio-media I had, was 1/4 the size of a full bag & supper clean, but I sure won't miss digging in the cod & getting it out to rinse monthly :)

Looks like it was super easy!

It was... my kind diy project :)

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

Bummer - I missed it by a day, but here's a belated......

:bday1:

to Glenn's Reef! No longer Glenn's new RSM 130D!

:crowd:

Nowellsy SNR

No more bio then Glenn is that because it does'nt fit with your new mod?

I still have mine i clean it every week its in with my routine

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF

No more bio then Glenn is that because it does'nt fit with your new mod?

I still have mine i clean it every week its in with my routine

No I just used it as a "spacer" to get my CPE & Purigen off the bottom for better flow - my new mods does this... so my bio-media now out :)

kyley

Happy Tank-Day To Glenn...

So the mod you made - does the 130D have the media on the bottom in the back? And you put this mod in to get the media off the floor? So not something we'd use in the 250 I guess b/c the media is on a little rack in there? Sorry - just trying to make sure I understand :) Take care,
--Kyle

Shamus

Happy tank day Glenn! Man, one year and your tank looks that incredible!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF

Thanks Everyone !!!

So the mod you made - does the 130D have the media on the bottom in the back? And you put this mod in to get the media off the floor?

Kyle - yes... in the 130 & 130D the chemical filtration sits right on the bottom and then the flows gets cut down & the chemical filtration gets pushed to the side & then the flow bypasses the chemical filtration. The RSM 250 did address this weakness... in the 130/130D unless you built a rack or ran the bio-media to raise the chemical filtration (CPE - Purigen) you had a real weakness - imo

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF

Am liking the new Seachem Salinity salt... coral seem to be responding well to it.
050.gif

kyley

Hey Glenn,
Thanks on the mod info.

SeaChem Salinity salt? Do you mean Marine Salt or Reef Salt? I'm using the Reef Salt and have been very happy with it compared to the icky mix I got from Red Sea. Take care,
--Kyle

redsea reefer

Kyle - SeaChem came out with a new salt called Salinity.

Glenn - I have read in some forums that some people have been seeing relatively low number with that salt, like 400 and below on Ca and 6 Alk. Just passin on some info I read...:)

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

Just my opinion (again LOL!) but I just don't see the Salinity being any better than any other quality salt. Sure - they have targets and acceptable ranges for each batch, but I have to believe that's true of any good salt manufacturer. I think it's all just marketing hype to get folks to believe it's the best, and to pay more money for something no better than many other salts. It sounds just like things my company used to do. The worst results and cloudiest SW that I've used was their Reef Salt. Anyway - you know me Glenn - I have my opinions! :)

redsea reefer

Just my opinion (again LOL!) but I just don't see the Salinity being any better than any other quality salt. Sure - they have targets and acceptable ranges for each batch, but I have to believe that's true of any good salt manufacturer. I think it's all just marketing hype to get folks to believe it's the best, and to pay more money for something no better than many other salts. It sounds just like things my company used to do. The worst results and cloudiest SW that I've used was their Reef Salt. Anyway - you know me Glenn - I have my opinions! :)

I agree with you Terry. Although I have to say that with the Reef Salt I have, the cloudiness disappears after 24 hrs of mixing and consistently been getting 440- 460 Ca and 9-10 Alk at 1.026 SG, I still haven't bought a Mag test kit yet.:hammerhea