Glenn's RSM 130D

tnwillia

Re: Glenn's new RSM 130D

Hey Glenn, Did yours come with a flush valve on the waste water line? I found with mine I could vary the pressure and get the best "waste to good" ratio by adjusting this valve. My house pressure is about 60psi. My unit runs "best" at 90psi. I can close the flush valve sone to restrict the waste flow which pushes my unit pressure up to 90psi. I've been doing this for a year without any problems, Just something to try. Have fun!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF

Will they grow into big ones?

I don't think so, but I am not sure... I think they kind of self regulate :)

QUOTE]There are probably a lot more of these little guys than we're aware of.[/QUOTE]

I bet that is my case too :)

Did yours come with a flush valve on the waste water line?

It didn't, but I have the option to buy one for like $18, I might pick one up - thanks for the tip. Lucky to have great water pressure here.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

I'm fairly sure those little micro stars stay very small. But, even the big ones have to start out small. I've had the tiny ones for almost 3 years, and the only large one I have is one that I bought large.

Tom - good advice on the flush line valve. A year ago my water pressure was too high so I had a pressure valve installed and it's almost too low now. I have the valves, but never thought to use them the way you are.

redsea reefer

Those little stars are cool, My biggest one is 1 in across and I dont think they get any bigger than that.

Edison

Grats on your RODI unit. It will save you loads of time going to and fro the LFS. I pretty much had to buy one because the closest LFS that sells water is about 25 minutes away, and that's when the traffic is at a tolerable level.

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick

Hey Glenn, seeing as you have a scooter I though i'd ask for some advice. I'm getting a little worried about mine. I have never seen him eat anything that I put into the tank although he is always picking at other things that I cannot see, presumably pods? His stomach is looking a little caved in but i'm not really sure if he always looked like this, maybe i'm just paranoid. He seems normal in every other way. Unfortunately I don't have access to live foods. Any advice?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF

I have always worried about mine too, he has never grown much and I don't have many pods... I have added them a couple times, but somehow, I can't sustain them. My scooter just eats what makes it to the bottom when I feed frozen... sorry not more help.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF

nothing new... just bumping down Glenn's Reef
1101.gif

IMG_1015-1.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

Nice - that Euphy looks bigger every time I see it! :) I like the sig too!

Shamus

I think Glenn's got some secret "coral 'roids" recipe! Man the tank always looks great!

Edison

Is the large coral in the front a hammer? It's a monster!!

Something fishy about your sig...:laugh: