Glenn's RSM 130D

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Re: Glenn's new RSM 130D

Thanks everyone for the nice compliments on sig & tank !
1124.gif

Yes he a huge hammer (Euphyllia) that really needs fragging or a RSM 250
045.gif
, he is starting to press on the front glass now.

reeferman

250 sounds more like it!i fragged my entire hammer colony and kept 2 heads,lfs got the rest.wife was not happy when she got home!she loves the "wavy" corals[her words].and they do really have a product called reef roids!is that your secret?:ignore: lol
Reggie

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF

Anthony - was just kidding - as a nice compliment, because of the good growth my coral has had... no secrets, if I had any I would share them with you all !

Just good maintenance & the tips everyone here in the RSM Club & RS has shared in post over the last year...

no coral steroid program
025.gif

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

(shhhhhh - don't tell anyone, but I think Glenn's tank birthday (water added) is next Monday, March 22 :) )

tvreaves

I guess you can't get your 250 just yet...can't steal your 130's thunder. I am keeping my eyes open for when you do get one. I'm excited to see what you do with it. :)

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF

Thanks Val... it's in the planning :) Help if Red Sea tell me the new 250's are shipping with the new pumps now...

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF

Inspired by Jimmy's DIY COD rack, I headed up to Lowes this morning to by some egg crate & build one too (I am not very good at DIY, I use to change brakes & water pumps on my cars, but thats been 20 years ago, now I pay someone to do it & most DYI projects)... anyway... I came home with a different version of a COD rack (back left chamber - some call chamber of death) to raise my CPE (Chemi-Pure Elite) and Purigen off the bottom for better flow & to cause the water to pass through the media better.

Glenn's $5 COD rack: - In tank now & seems to be working great so far... :) enjoy !

NDS 4" Green Atrium Grate
IMG_1075.jpg

IMG_1081.jpg

IMG_1082.jpg

IMG_1083.jpg

CPE & 100 ML Purigen
IMG_1084.jpg

My right side 1/2 black sponge setup - shown with white/blue finer filter, I run for several hours after water changes & tank maintenance.
IMG_1088.jpg

Shop NDS 4" Green Atrium Grate at Lowes.com

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF

Thanks Terry !

feeling kind of proud of myself this morning, I made a 130D DYI/Mod & it worked
1180.gif

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

You're welcome! And you don't have a lot of extra egg crate left over to put somewhere! :)

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF

lol you are right... I though about that & the fact it was $12 a sheet, plus I had to buy Superglue & then glue it - my mod was $5, no glue & 5 mins to create (snip snip snip) :)

Terry my new COD Rack/Mod was so simple, I could really create them in 1 minute, sell them for $10 & would be 100% mark up lol
025.gif
but this is one DIY project everyone one could do, as easy as it gets, glad to share with the RSM club.