Forum Hacked (corrected hopefully) - please read!

ReefLady

Staff member
All,

At some point last night the system was hacked and one of our mods' profiles was used to post a message. We have now patched the site to the latest version of VBulletin which plugs all known hacks, trojans, SQL injections, plus the sweeps, the bleeps and the creeps (Spaceballs reference for those in the know).

At this point the issue should be corrected. However, user passwords may have been compromised. At this point I am REQUIRING all staff to change their passwords. For all other members it is recommended but not required at this time.

Please report any further issues to staff or me directly at travis(at)reefsanctuary.com

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Thanks you Travis! That was some swift work and thanks for taking care of the "Sweeps, the bleeps and the creeps" for all of us!!

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I like the upgrade too! my cpu's security software caught a trojan last night....wonder if it came through RS? no harm but I think everyone changing their password is a good idea!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Bryan by any chance do you recall what the exact name of the Trojan was? I'm sort of a "virus/spyware/malware" kind of guy and enjoy a good battle (as long as I win in the end).

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I'll look when I get home, i'm sure the software has a record of it

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I don't think any trojan anyone is seeing is/was related RS... someone just posted a Global Announcement, we caught it & deleted, I believe right after it went up. Just FYI...

jpsika08

I tried going to "Settings" for password change on the top links but it has disappeared, anyone having same issue?

jpsika08

Ok, Settings is still up there but as a small box in my screen, it seems the picture is lost.

jpsika08

My Avatar pic is shown small when I post, after second posting, the first post shows normal size Avatar, sorry to bomb this but just pointing thing out :)

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Try clicking on the tab "Forum Actions" then General Settings.... that how I did not... out tabs may have change a bit, with some new bells too.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Juan I'm in the same boat on the "Settings" tab being micro small. But the "Avatar" issue I'm not having.

Last night's intrusion wasn't one that would give anyone a trojan and I apologize if my question eluded to that fact. I was just curious to see what's going around so I can research and play with it more. The more I know about them before my clients get them the better prepared I am to get rid of them.

jpsika08

Thanks Al, in case of viruses or MalwareI got neither of those.

With the Avatar, now is showing normal size, :)

steved13

PREMIUM
I don't have a "settings button". There is a small space between "my profile" and "log out" but no button. If I cursor over the space I can click in that area and go to the settings page, but no button.

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
I can't get to settings either. There is a gap but I can't click it. I am using safari.

Just tried chrome too and cant get to it either.